BL-Ctrl V1.2 Speed controller , To Mod or not not Mod, issues?

FlyEYE

My "new" used Hexa has the BL-Ctrl V1.2 Speed controller.

Is it worth while to perform any modifications to the ESC. Such as:
http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?topic=60.0

I'd prefer not to fix something that isn't broken but this mod seems safe enough.
Without modding, are their concerns I should be aware off. I do plan on eventually carrying a small camera and a video transmitter.

Thanks.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
FlyEye
I suspect a small camera and video tx won't require you to up-amp the BL's although maybe Adam from quadrocopter.us will chime in. A very worthwhile mod for MK's is to add an i2c buffer board that keep you flying in the event you lose a BL. As it is now, one blown BL has the potential to render your i2c circuit useless causing the whole copter to crash.
Here's the link for the board

http://aglhobbiesllc.com/shop/viewitem.php?groupid=0&productid=32

and if you'd like to do a build thread for the mod i'd be most appreciative since I've still got to do it myself!

Regards,
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I flew my Hexa with stock frame, mkTR mount with GoPro camera, and FPV transmitter plus a small lipo battery to power the TX, using the stock BL 1.2 controllers for over 450 minutes without a problem. All up weight was roughly 5 1/2 pounds so I wouldn't worry about the BL 1.2 carrying a small camera and FPV gear as long as you keep the weight to maximum of no more than 6 pounds. Staying to a flying weight of around 5 pounds would be even better.

Ken

Adam P.

Hello,

We have not tried this modification yet. The v1.2 BLs are not having much problem in our shop.

thanks
Adam

FlyEYE

Thanks for the responses.
Looks like I'll stick with it stock for now.
I'll keep the I2C isolator in mind, does seem attractive.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Randy from AGLhobbies was nice enough to send me a copy of the installation diagram for his i2c isolator board. Here it is.
Bart

Attachments

• I2C Octo Isolator R3.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 396