Bizarre Zenmuse BMPCC issue

Mister Flibble

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem...

S1000, A2, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and BMPCC Zenmuse. All firmware is up to date and I haven't done anything silly like leave the HD/AV switch on HD.

It all works fine, except for the HDMI feed on the Zenmuse when initialising with the BMPCC.

If I turn it all on with the BMPCC attached: Video is a blank white screen.
If I turn it all on with my GoPro Hero 3 attached: Video feed is fine.
If I then disconnect the GoPro and attach the BMPCC: Video feed is fine.
If I then recycle the power (essentially back to step 1): Video is a blank white screen.

Frankly, it's driving me up the sporking wall.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, MF.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
You have to start the BMPCC Zen with the camera set to a certain frame rate. I can't remember if it's 29.? or 23.? (sorry at work and don;t have my cam infant of me.

This same issue almost drove me crazy.

But anyways, try those frame rates, set the camera to one, and boot the system, and give it a second for the signal to pop onto your screen, once it does you may switch frame rate.

For some reason the Zen always wants that frame rate to boot up the AV system. And the GoPro is probably at that frame rate hence why it works like that.

Hope that helps, and sorry I don;t have the exact frame rate in front of me.

Mister Flibble

SleepyC, you are a galloping genius!

I checked the frame rate on my GoPro (25fps), set my BMPCC to this... And lo! There was video!

Thank you very much for a prompt, helpful answer.

I've been through all the camera frame rate settings, and 25, 29.97 and 30 fps all work but the others do not.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SleepyC, you are a galloping genius!

I checked the frame rate on my GoPro (25fps), set my BMPCC to this... And lo! There was video!

Thank you very much for a prompt, helpful answer.

I've been through all the camera frame rate settings, and 25, 29.97 and 30 fps all work but the others do not.

Thank you.... but no sir, I'm just a guy who had the exact same problem and was fortunate enough to find the answer and remember it!
Glad you have it working! The BMPCC creates some amazing images, especially after Divinci does it’s thing. :D