Beware Wookong-M fantastic deal with 50 waypoints!

ChrisViperM

I'd rather have Christie Woods (Director of Operations at DJI - whatever that means...) with her Forest Laboratories degree than Colin Guinn....both seem to be useless, but she just looks way better....

Best statements:

at 0:32 : ....Colin Guinn, the founder and CEO of the company.......

at 3:20 ...my GoPro is being stabilized to a pixel-level stabilisation....

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady ViperM

My dear "brilliant" husband,

I would recommend to stop posting and go back to work...NOW!
If not - be awared of ME making some testflights with your birds... you can be very sure: there will be nothing left for the container...

Then you really rather have Christie Woods...

Kisses,
Lady ViperM

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I'd rather have Christie Woods ...

Arhggggh .. gag ... wretch ... puke ... more wretching

J. H. Christalbloodymighty that is so gut-wrenchingly awful. What a total dipstick of a presenter. Absolutely everything is 'fantastic' and 'phenomenal' - with a completely flat, dead pan and disconnected expression. When he starts talking about "tools" (06:06) he totally omitted mentioning the biggest tool - himself.

What unadulterated bald-faced utter tripe that whole interview was. Do you see how the Roll axis on that Go Pro gimbal is about 2° off horizontal when Colin G-Man is flying that piece of crap?

If you then carry on after the video ends and watch the 'DJI Phantom Quadcopter demo at 2013 Cine Gear Expo - Paramount Studios' video, you will see the Phantom being flown right over everybody at the expo down the street and back. I mean, with the Bull Run fiasco in the headlines right now, what sort of message is that sending to the anus brigade?

BTW, can't agree about Christie Woodenface. Yeuckh.

My dear "brilliant" husband

Ah! Welcome to the forum madam. I look forward to benefiting from your vast experience and knowledge.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
For the benefit of those unaware, Colin Guinn first came to our collective attention with the announcement of the Cineron Stabilisation System. It turned out to be something very closely related to a Zenmuse on a single rotor heli.

At that time Colin Guinn, with Brad King on camera, operated under the name Aircam Co, Austin TX. However the first contact with DJI was made he has certainly been able to capitalize on it so, credit where it is due - regardless of how he comes across in interviews.

But the fact that DJI have appointed him and his girlfriend/adventure partner/co-conspirator, or whatever she is, as their US bosses somehow leaves a strange, slightly incestuous taste.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Oh Boy! That is going to leave all those who jumped on the 'amazing deal' feeling stupid. Probably feeling even more stupid when they realise that the whole Waypoint Flight thing is just a fancy sounding, hyped up, irrelevant carrot for most folks. Unless you are the Forestry Commission, who ever needs or uses waypoint flying?

SMP

my dear "brilliant" husband,

i would recommend to stop posting and go back to work...now!
If not - be awared of me making some testflights with your birds... You can be very sure: There will be nothing left for the container...

Then you really rather have christie woods...

Kisses,
lady viperm

lmfao!

Quinton

You will still need to buy the data link though?

And the DJI OSD On Screen Display Mark II which is included in the promotion.

Saying that you also need to buy a rx which you wouldn't need to with the A2
I am one of the "fools" that bought the promotion, but think i will stick with it until the A2 has been beta tested, and at least v2 has been released.
Hands up who has bought a car on the cheap, because the newest version is coming out.
Everyone does it, its not just DJI.

Now I would have been really pissed if I had bought it at the original price of £2163 a couple of months before the promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:

And the DJI OSD On Screen Display Mark II which is included in the promotion.

Saying that you also need to buy a tx which you wouldn't need to with the A2
I am one of the "fools" that bought the promotion, but think i will stick with it until the A2 has been beta tested, and at least v2 has been released.
Hands up who has bought a car on the cheap, because the newest version is coming out.
Everyone does it, its not just DJI.

Now I would have been really pissed if I had bought it at the original price of £2163 a couple of months before the promotion.

I was also one of those fools :)

Kilby

The plot thickens. DJI just released the newest Wookong firmware, and the only update is everyone now gets 50 waypoints for free, no serial number needed. How much was this "bundle" selling for just a few weeks ago?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The more expensive of the two 50 Waypoint bundles included iOSD, BT led, Datalink 900 + WKM at around €1150. As a WKM is given away with every bundle, including the S800 EVO/WKM bundle which is the same price as the EVO alone, it can be assumed to be worthless. That leaves the iOSD, BT led and Datalink at €174, €95 and €429 respectively. A total of €698. This means that those who took advantage of the super deal overpaid by €452.

On top of DJI's past appalling record in design faults and customer care this really is disgraceful. Not that it would ever happen but, DJI ought to issue those who purchased the scam a credit note against further purchases - if they can ever get people to trust them sufficiently again.

On the subject of the firmware update, I wonder if they have addressed the GPS/Atti dropout that we have been reading about with FW5.24?

Quinton

On top of DJI's past appalling record in design faults and customer care this really is disgraceful. Not that it would ever happen but, DJI ought to issue those who purchased the scam a credit note against further purchases - if they can ever get people to trust them sufficiently again.

Or at least give them an extremely cheap way of updating to the latest A2

ILAP

The more expensive of the two 50 Waypoint bundles included iOSD, BT led, Datalink 900 + WKM at around €1150. As a WKM is given away with every bundle, including the S800 EVO/WKM bundle which is the same price as the EVO alone, it can be assumed to be worthless. That leaves the iOSD, BT led and Datalink at €174, €95 and €429 respectively. A total of €698. This means that those who took advantage of the super deal overpaid by €452.

On the subject of the firmware update, I wonder if they have addressed the GPS/Atti dropout that we have been reading about with FW5.24?

Since not everybody buy S800 or other bundle, it is a good deal to get the WKM for 452 Euro.

Quinton

Since not everybody buy S800 or other bundle, it is a good deal to get the WKM for 452 Euro.

Maybe you did not read the post properly, but basically the ones who purchased the deal were as they say in the UK "shafted"

• 1 DJI Wookong M Flight controller (715.83 + VAT)
  • 1 DJI Wookong M View Data Link Radio (£157.50 + VAT)
  • 1 DJI OSD On Screen Display Mark II (£149.17 + VAT)

• 1 DJI Wookong WKM 50 Way Point Upgrade (£713.33 + VAT)
  • 1 DJI Wookong M Bluetooth LED (£66.66 value + VAT)

DJI have had a scare from the competition, and they are now trying to push them out.
    They obviously were overpriced in the first place. Even the DJI Phantom has now dropped in price from £500 to £350 as there is a bit of competition.
    You can not do things like this to customers, and expect them to smile and forget about it.

DJI don't have a clue how to run a business, and keep users happy... hopefully there will be a lot more competition in the future, and the strongest company "with the best support" will win in the end.
    TBH they had it wrapped up, but they don't treat people properly, and that is what counts in business.