best way to have a 2 man, 1 man gimbal setup?

Pumpkinguy

Lets say I want to control camera pan and tilt with the main controller (14sg) but also be able to switch to a 2 man setup. This wont be done in the air. Changes can be made on the ground. I know some of you guys have done this. What is the best way? thx

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm doing this right now with one of my rigs...
Basically there is a "wireless" buddy box "box" that you can get from Hobbyking for like $9 that will accomplish this.

It will allow you to have control of pitch and pan when the 2nd radio is off and then when it's on, gives pitch and pan to that radio.
There is a thread here on MRF about this.. let me try to find it.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Pumpkinguy,

Yes there are switches available that let you wire up a spare receiver giving you the freedom to dictate while airborne which radio will be controlling the camera controls.

I'm trying to get a video done this week explaining how to take that one step further so that a heli with a standard two-axis gimbal, which would normally be useful only for single man operation, can be used along with Carefree or IOC mode to make the helicopter controllable as if it has a full three axis mount for a second operator. Using the same switching module you can go from single man heli to dual operator heli using just about any simple quad with a two-axis camera mount.

Also, HK does sell a module but Pololu.com makes a better one and it's only $9.95. There a link and more of an explanation in this post

http://multirotorforums.com/threads...i-a2-h3-3d-xy4-quad-build-with-a-twist.22207/

I'll try to get the video explaining it done today.
Bart

Pumpkinguy

Thanks folks. I'm not in a hurry Bart. That is last in a long list but I will look forward to the video. Cheers

Tuomas P.

I use 2 receivers. The first, controlling the heli on channels 1-8. The second for the gimbal on channels 9-14. On my model memory the gimbal controls are always there if need to fly alone. Then the gimbal rx is paired to my flight transmitter. Usually, with a camera operator, the gimbal rx is paired with his transmitter using only the channels 9-14.
TP.