Best shutter speed for Inspire camera

Quinton

Will post this here, as the other places it will just get swalled up, and I think it may be quite important.
Received my new ND filters today from Renaat, so decided to set up a few tests with the Inspire 1 camera and so far have came to a "not normal" conclusion regarding shutter speed.

I set up a little spinning flower (like the one you get in garden centres) with a fan behind it for it to spin at a constant speed, and took videos with different shutter speeds, and TBH the most "normal to the eye" shutter speed seems to be 1/25th @25fps and 1/50th @50fps.
I have made videos of them here but don't have time to upload anything today, but feel free anyone else that wants to test that out and chip in with what they find.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Interesting, usually the shutter speed likes to be at double the frame rate... this is interesting!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
On DJI it's based on the rate at which you intend to crash into your target. Say the groom's face is 100m away and you intend to break 3 of the 4 props. The manual says to fly at 25-30m/sec. 3/4 = .75. that's your cinematic coefficient. You then multiply that by your horizontal lines of resolution. So in 4k(UHD) is 2160. This gives you 1620 which you divide by 30 gives you 54. This is the ideal shutter speed. :)

Quinton

Very interesting actually viewing it, also watch it again once more and notice the microwave clock on the right hand side and what happens to the static clock.
Indeed I will listen to users say "it is this and that effect" of strobing, but the following link is a really great read if you have time regarding the backward wheel effect.
No sharpening or colouring at all, just straight from card.

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthr...-wheel-seem-to-move-backwards-as-it-speeds-up