Battery tray for DJI s800

vislaw

Well, though I don't have the battery tray yet (let alone the Zenmuse), I've got to take this S800 on the road so it can start paying for itself. I've got a forensic shoot in Nevada tomorrow so I'm going to take it on its first road trip. Thus, I went by FRY's and got a couple plastic mounts and then stopped by OSH where I picked up some #10 brass bolts/washers/nuts. The bigger plastic mounts fit on the S800 landing gear horizontal bars and the smaller clips fit on the smaller carbon rods from the Droidworx mount for the AV130. It also has the Droidworx battery holder, which works really well to hold the 6S Maxamps 11000 batteries that I'm using. By untightening the screws I can slide the whole mount to balance it and, of course, the whole thing slides off easily for portability.
View attachment 4798

Attachments

• QuickGimbalMount.jpg
    QuickGimbalMount.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 341

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Nice job Vislaw! its cool to see every ones ideas.

This is how I mounted mine until my Z15 comes.

Attachments

• av130+s800-1.jpg
    av130+s800-1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 247
  • av130+s800-3.jpg
    av130+s800-3.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 240

Although it is great that people have found a supplier of suitable battery trays for the S800 and I realy do hope that they work as required. However I was originally somehow led to believe that a battery tray will be as part of the S800. I was then led to believe that the tray will not be delivered with the pre-orders but will be delivered at a later date. Is this true or is it just my imagination working overtime here ? I cannot honestly say that I have not received or seen anything directly from DJI to inform that these trays will bve delivered later I got all my info from this and other forums. Is it just Chinese Whispers ? If there is a tray by DJI in the pipe-line will it be considered part of the original order or is this something that will have to be purchsed seperately and on top of the original pre-order ?

David

Digitech

we are lasercutting ABS lipo holders for the S800 as we speak , simple , deadcheap , and you can slide them forth and back to get the perfect cg
they are made of ABS carbon lookView attachment 4857

this one holds a Max amps 11000 or 6S 8000 mah

we can make to size if needed

Attachments

• s800batt ray.jpg
    s800batt ray.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 289

ChrisViperM

Hi Dave

...first...2 more links:

http://precisiondigitalimaging.mybi...ay-side-mounted-one-pair-fr4-epoxy-fiberglas/
http://precisiondigitalimaging.mybi...imate-battery-tray-rear-mounted-carbon-fiber/

I also tried to figure out what the facts are...no success

What I really hate about DJI is their information policy....and in my opinion this has 3 reasons:
1) They have grown much too fast and have been much too successful, combined with good marketing and creating a "I must have this..." - factor.
2) They are Chinese and might have a differnt way of thinking than we have....but that might change
3) Almost no competition...at least not visible....but this is about to change. There are new companies on the start...

About the battery try...I guess we will have to wait until it's in da house and see....

Chris

battery tray in manual

A new s800 manual is out more detailed and includes install of the battery tray. It would be nice to know when we would be getting one

ChrisViperM

I got my S800 yesterday and and also had a closer look in the manual at the DJI battery tray. To me this thing looks pretty cool although I don't think it will withstand a rough landing. If you mount 2x 6S 5500 Lipo's, there is some serious weight hanging on those 2 fragile "mounting ears"....Having an expansive camera underneath the Lipo's, and combine this with a hard landing and the mounting breaks off...a good formula for disaster. I am not going to take the hassle and try to hunt for the DJI battery tray...I will get one of the after market mounts and just forget it. There is also no way I will get one of those DJI wonder-Lipo's...if just 1 cell fails, the whole Lipo fails....I always use 2x 6S Lipo-packs and connect them parallel...if one Lipo fails, I am still able to control the rig.

Chris

Digitech

if one lipo fails it will drag the good one also down in a very short time.
infact i have seen fires start that way..
so here is not much difference.

best battery choice i think :

Maxamps 5S or 6S 11000 mah
turnigy 8000 6S

ChrisViperM

Hello...[FONT=&amp]Sandôr, [/FONT]is that you...I got your propellers today....absolutely perfect....thank you.

As far as LiPo's are concerned, there are more discussions about this on the net than good looking women on this planet....but you are right....if going for a 1-LiPo pack set-up, the Maxamps are first choice considering weight and reliability.
I might order some from you...But if there is someting wrong with them, we meet in Amsterdam and you buy all the beer I can drink....:nevreness:

Cheers

Chris