Battery Connections

Luke Bro

I know many people use a Dean's plug to connect their battery to their multirotor, but I find it difficult to plug and unplug. Is anyone using a barrel plug or has anyone tried a 1/4" phone plug?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it's hard to say, there would have to be enough metal to metal contact between the parts of the plug for it to be considered acceptable. if not there will be a lot of heat. the 1/4" plugs I've seen were low amp applications where small contact areas were acceptable. You're talking about the plugs they use for musical instruments, right?

Luke Bro

Correct. What about a barrel connector? My Fatshark goggles can be powered via 3s battery or 12v dc plug. Both methods utilize a barrel plug connection. I would assume that this type would have to have enough contact surface. Let me say as well, I have limited hand dexterity and I'm trying to make this quad as easy as possible to use and charge.

TechBill

Lot of folks are saying Anderson Powerpole are the way to go.

I brought a couple of Anderson Powerpole but I haven't gotten around to swapping out the connectors to try it out.

It seem to be a nicely designed connectors and you can even snap the two together to make a dual connector. There are no male nor female but it will still mate with itself.

Bill

Pumpkinguy

Those Anderson's look awesome. I have been using castle creations. Both bullets and complete connectors depending on application. I think for higher amperage they are one of the best.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You mean the CC type that are like EC5?

I've used their standard bullets. Never got into the ec5 style connectors. XT-60 for a bit, then made the switch to andersons. They are a little pricey and sorta large. But unless your on a really small MR, the size really isn't a bother. And you can find them on eBay fairly reasonable.