As150 connector users please chime in

Pumpkinguy

I am currently using the castle 6.5mm connectors for my big rig. They are rated for 200amps. FYI, I run a 2 battery setup and each battery connects directly to the power bar. So basically 3 motors (U7) drawing from each connector.
I hate how the castles spark and look like crap after a while. So I may completely switch over to the As150's.
The rating scares me (150amps) but they are 7mm vs 6.5 and are as beefy or more so than the castles so I think the rating is misleading. I also really like the spring clip design. These hold extremely snug. No farting around with tension like with the castles.

Any input from the guys using these on the bigger rigs would be appreciated.

Also. Hobby king has them. What are my chances of them being authentic vs a knockoff? Need to order some stuff from hk. View attachment 25768

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 256

Pumpkinguy

Too bulky for the amps I need and the whole purpose of me switching over from castle connectors is the antispark thing.

crayfellow

A 15, 30 or 45 amp Powerpole® connector pin will actually withstand well over 100 amps without damage and close to 200 amps before actually causing permanent damage.
from PowerPole Instructions

The actual rating for a 30-amp Powerpole is for a 30° Celsius (54° Fahrenheit) temperature rise at 30 amps (and 110 volts) using 12-gauge wire. This temperature rise spec is published in the National Electrical Code for building wiring and is more of a wire gauge rating than it is a connector rating. The power level noted in that standard is 3,300 watts.

So, on a 6S multirotor something else is going to fail long before one of these connectors, if amps are the issue

The antispark thing does interest me, but for me it's not something I'd switch connectors for. I guess you could stagger APP's or something? Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on!