Arris CM2000 mounting question

tikigod19

Hi all I have a yun-1 for my f550 and I'm considering selling it for the CM2000 because I don't like the way I have to use a zip tie to mount my camera on the yun-1 and because of the size of the base plate its requires re-calibration every time I need to take it off to charge or battery pull the gopro etc. I have ordered a right angle USB adapter to be able to charge and copy footage off of it whilst still mounted but I don't think its an ideal solution.

I'm considering the Arris CM2000 (I'll be using gopro 3 black) but wondered if when you mount the camera on the seemingly much smaller base plate, does it always mount in exactly the same position and if so do you then move the plate somehow for balancing, or like the yun-1 is it a case of sliding the camera around on the base plate to get the balance right? I think I'm right in saying there is some sort of velcro strap included with the CM2000 too, is that right?

I currently use the AUX3 knob on my Spektrum DX8 to control tilt, I take it I'll be able to do the same thing on the CM2000?

I suppose my final question would be has anybody already made the switch from the Yun-1 to the CM2000 and if so what did you think?

Tomstoy2

Your assumptions are correct.
The mount will accept a hero 3 straight off, or a hero 2 by loostening to bolts on the main roll and tilt
plates and sliding them out ot balance the hero 2.

Once balanced, you can remove the camera all you want, you don't need to re-calibrate. Just place the camera to balance and all is good.

Added bonus, it's all pre-assembled, calibrated and tested. Just mount it and go fly.

You have the ability to control roll and tilt, if you like.

I've got one and really enjoy it!
Only drawback is it's not going to survive much of an impact, but what gimbal does?
They are going to be offering rebuild parts soon.

tikigod19

Thanks tom. What's stability like? Any wobble caused by the gimbal? You have the option to tune settings if needed right? It sounds great..

Tomstoy2

Stability has blown me away!

My first flight was in insane conditions. 16 mph winds, gusts up to 22 and the air super charged with electricty from an incomming storm. Thought I was going to wreck my Hexa for sure!
Reviewing the footage everything was beautiful!

There was some shaking on yaw from the wind gusts, but you have to expect that.

Yes, you can go into the program and tinker around if you want. However, I see no reason to do so. Nor have others that have purchased this.

The program comes on a DVD that also has copies of your gimbal being tested

Tomstoy2

V1 was pre production model. It had the tilt arm on the right side blocking the ports on the GoPro camera's.

After pictures were released several people pointed out that sucked so the moved the control arm to the left side freeing up the ports on the camera, thus becomming version 2.

Mounting, for me anyway, was a sinch. I have load rails so it was just a matter of marking the top plate and drilling 4 holed to bolt on my load rail rings.

Tomstoy2

To have what configured?

The gimbal comes assembled, balanced for gp3, set up and tested. Just mount it, plug it in and go fly.

tikigod19

can anybody tell me the total height fo the gimbal? My yun-1 requires foam on my aeroxcraft landing gear in order to give enough clearance and it's only just high enough so considering buying the arris landing skid at the same time as the gimbal but wanted to make sure the arris cm2000 wasn't shorter than the yun-1, if so I can keep my current landing gear