Are avatars working?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried installing a custom avatar. I haven't seen any yet and thought, can it be? A forums site where no one wants to customize their avatar?
Let's keep it PG please, my kids look at the crazy stuff that's going on here.
Thanks,
bart

Bartman

sure Dave, here you go
in the dark blue bar just below the earth-quad it says Forum Actions, click on that and then click on General Settings. In the new screen that opens, about midway down on the left you'll see Edit Avatar, click on it then click on Use Custom Avatar. Upload an image from your computer and it'll appear to the left of your posts.
Good luck with it,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I cant see it... I have uploaded a profile picture but it does not show like your 8Ball

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
No Bart all I can find is profile picture which I have loaded but if thats it it dont come up!

Bartman

if you can see my 8 ball then you're halfway there. did you click on Edit Avatar in your General Settings area?
it could be something that I need to set up in the admin area. if you're sure you uploaded an avatar correctly then i'll have to give it another look.
bart

Bartman

correction...it's an okto ball
i can see your profile pic when i go to your profile. to do that i clicked on your screenname to the left of your post and then clicked View Profile.
we're going to have to get this sorted out before our football holiday kicks off later tonight!
click Edit Avatar just below where you clicked to change your profile pic.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• screen shot.jpg
    screen shot.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 219

Bartman

then it's a problem in the permissions that the software is using. i can fix that (i think)
glad it's a software problem, i was starting to think multi-rotor guys were a stodgy bunch.
bart

Bartman

i think i fixed it Dave. give it another try.
i also changed the pictures limit per post to ten. i've been meaning to do that for a week and kept forgetting. it was 4 which isn't really enough if you're trying to document your work.
bart