MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Arduino APM 2 board Octocopter settings release dates?

Bowley

I was just about to start a thread asking if APM2 would support an octo, but had a quick check over the forum first. I assume from the above that the hardware supports 8 outputs, will it support a 2 axis gimbal also?
Also interested in how it would handle a single motor/ESC fail on a hex and octo, but I dont suppose anyone will know until a little bit down the line.

Steve

srbell

I just got one of these purple boards, can't wait to give it a try. It's list of features make my WKm seem a little lacking lol.

srbell

I thought they were still only available for pre-order

DIY Drones is showing shipping, but 12 weeks. I ordered mine about a month back and it said pre orders only. Showed up 4 weeks later so they may do better than 12 weeks lol.

mitsaras

Hi, have you had a chance to try out your APM2 yet? If so, what are your thoughts, I'm looking to purchase this or the Naza + GPS upgrade...

whirlwind

Yesterday I managed to get the octocopter flying for the first time with the APM2 board.
As a starting point I copied across all the values I used for the APM1 which I had flying pretty well. I would have thought the PID settings would be similar between the APM1 and APM2. That is not the case at all and I have now ended up with a very different set of values. I obviously still have some tweaking to do as this was my first day of setup, but the copter is flying reasonably well in both rate and stabilise modes.

Bowley

Anyone clued up on Octo X8 configuration for APM2?
Perused a few discussions on DIYDRONES and it appear to be fraught with difficulty.
It seems it can be done by inputing code but I wonder if there will be an actual mission planner setting released for coax quad which will load a reliable proven code.

Cheers

Steve