MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 APM 2.6 connections

So some FC's are ok w it and some not. Do I cut the power lead from my BEC's to the APM? I'm powering it via the power module hence my question. Im pretty sure I need to supply a power source for my RX (Spectrum AR 6200). I don't want to confuse the FC internally with different voltages. I already downloaded the manual for it but didn't see any mention of this. Thanks

dazzab

So some FC's are ok w it and some not. Do I cut the power lead from my BEC's to the APM? I'm powering it via the power module hence my question. Im pretty sure I need to supply a power source for my RX (Spectrum AR 6200). I don't want to confuse the FC internally with different voltages. I already downloaded the manual for it but didn't see any mention of this. Thanks
They say you don't have to because with JP1 off (which it should be if you are using the power module) the output positive rail that the ESCs are connected to and the Input positive rail that the receiver is connected to will be isolated. Having said this, I had some crazy noise issues on my APM until I disconnected the positive leads from the ESCs from the output rail. The APM doesn't need to get any power from the ESCs. You can power your receiver from the input side of the APM as the power module will provide plenty of juice for both the APM and the receiver.