Anyone using Emax motors for 250 class racing?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Attachments

• Emax 1806.jpg
    Emax 1806.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 604

Bartman

was looking through the different options again, interesting to see Tiger has two 1806-2300kv offerings.....MT and MN models.

Still wondering if the plastic bell Emax motors are any good.

cootertwo

That looks like a good deal on those DYS motors. I had no idea they were making plastic cased motors. If I didn't already have 3 boxes of motors, I'd order some to try. So whats this project your working on Bart? I just ordered a little Storm Hex frame. It should be neat hearing 6 little motors screaming. Should be here in a week or two.

Bartman

just bought a small batch of the Emax 1806-2300kv, I guess I'll find out how well they work when they get here!

Bartman

That looks like a good deal on those DYS motors. I had no idea they were making plastic cased motors. If I didn't already have 3 boxes of motors, I'd order some to try. So whats this project your working on Bart? I just ordered a little Storm Hex frame. It should be neat hearing 6 little motors screaming. Should be here in a week or two.

6 little 5" props screaming should be music to anyone's ears!

i've got two little 250 racers of my own design that I'm waiting to get started on and two AeroxCraft Hornet 250's that I'm waiting on for a product review and NAZE32 vs. SP Racing F3 flight controllers comparison.

lots of stuff planned for the coming weeks, just waiting on parts and I'll be getting started.

Bartman

i bought two sets of motors off Amazon from Arris and they're the steel bell version so I'll be using them very soon.

mhills51

I have the metal emax motors on mine. Still waiting on motor connectors to show.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 383

F

fengshuidrone

The plastic Emax motors I think are a gimic. The mounting holes (for mounting the motor) are brass inserts. From an engineers standpoint I can almost guarantee this to be the first point of failure after not too many hours of flying, if not from the brass threads stripping or stretching, then from the inserts coming loose. I would never mix metal and plastic at a stress point and brass is soft and susceptible to stripping and coming loose from the glass/plastic:eek: motor base.

Bartman

I went to use some of mine on a new build but my motor attach bolts are too long......back to the DYS for now but still anxious to try the Emax