Anyone tried balancing the Z15 Nex-5 with the 16-50mm PZ kit lens?

rilot

I'm still on the fence about getting the Z15-N with my S800 EVO build.
I see that people have had success balancing the Z15 for use with some other lenses (24mm f/1.8, 18-55mm kit lens) other than the officially supported ones, but I haven't seen anyone balancing for the pz 16-50mm.
I don't see it being an issue with regards to the weight but I'm concerned that the lens ring won't clear the power zoom buttons on the side of the lens.

Can someone do me a favour and measure how thick the lens ring is? I need the dimension that is parallel with the lens, not the thickness of the ring itself.

ddikie

I have been experimenting with the 24mm 1.8 very happy with the results for photographic work, would like something a bit wider though thought about the Carl Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 but think its too long to fit...i am going to get one and try it may hav [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]ego[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] push it right back and add some counterweight to lens side to compensate...alternatively also [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]contemplating the [/FONT]The Voigtlander 15mm Heliar Lens plus adapter..but checking the diameter of the converter ring at the moment.. Take care