Any experience with these Props?

Blacksails

Ah, cheers DennyR. Good to know.

I've settled on grabbing a set of 12x4 xoars after running my set up with changes through ecalc. If only there was anywhere in the UK that has stock! I've found a few places that sell the standard xoar 12x4 but dont sell the counter rotating version. And the only places i've found that sell both are completely out of stock.

Anybody know any secret UK suppliers that may have some left?

Dewster

I have no experience with those props, but I have had experience with Full Carbon Fiber props. In less than 5 minutes of flight time my Gemfan 10x4.5 snapped and my flat hexa was destroyed. Luckily my flight controller, receiver and four motors survived. I wanted to try something new and thought that full carbon fiber props would be a good bet. Some say that I might have over torqued the prop while securing the nut. My prop (not the one that you are questioning broke off from the hub. It was the weak point. I was also told that the hub on that size prop was thin, which may have resulted in failure.

I did however see a full carbon fiber prop crash into another craft and survive with a tip of the prop missing. The other craft was not so lucky in the crash.

I say stick with APC, Graupners, Xoar. Trying something new can wreck your craft. Go with the proven. My crash cost me an arm and a leg.

Blacksails

I have no experience with those props, but I have had experience with Full Carbon Fiber props. In less than 5 minutes of flight time my Gemfan 10x4.5 snapped and my flat hexa was destroyed. Luckily my flight controller, receiver and four motors survived. I wanted to try something new and thought that full carbon fiber props would be a good bet. Some say that I might have over torqued the prop while securing the nut. My prop (not the one that you are questioning broke off from the hub. It was the weak point. I was also told that the hub on that size prop was thin, which may have resulted in failure.

I did however see a full carbon fiber prop crash into another craft and survive with a tip of the prop missing. The other craft was not so lucky in the crash.

I say stick with APC, Graupners, Xoar. Trying something new can wreck your craft. Go with the proven. My crash cost me an arm and a leg.

Cheers Dewster,

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for UK xoar stock

Blacksails

If you find somewhere in the UK that has stock of the Xoar 12x4 let me know & i will do like wise as i am looking for some for a new build.

Chris.

Hi Yakjock,

Will do.

What area of the midlands are you from? I'm based in Wolverhampton