Another Noob from England

Hotrodspike

Hi guys, gals and others.

Been hanging around for a while and eventually decided to register tonight while I'm sitting waiting for some LiPo's to charge ready for the Great British summertime (due at around 2 pm this Thursday, or so I'm told).
Name's John, I'm the great age of 63, and I'm a devoted Liverpool FC supporter, (have been for the last 53 years, Red 'til dead!).
I work in an Engineering Department of a college, so I've got access to most types of machinery that I can play with, (millers, lathes, CNC machining centre, and very soon a 3D printer) I've also got 12 welding bays that I can mess about in if needed, and the choice of about 40 computers running AutoCAD (always the latest version, costs us nearly nothing!).
In my stable I've got.... 550 clone hex running Sunnysky motors with 10" props, 40 amp ESCs, Turnigy i10 rx and KK hard case FC, K450 quad with DYS motors, DYS 30amp ESCs, KK 2.1 board and Turnigy i10 rx, Alien 450 frame with some motors that I can't remember the name of at the moment (come on, I am 63 after all), 30 amp ESCs and KK 2.1 FC and again Turnigy i10 rx. All three running with the i10 voltage sensors for telemetry (dirt cheap so I bought half a dozen).
2 x Quanum Novas with APM 2.52, one I bought as RTF, the other was PNF. The RTF was great until the 2nd time out when the tranny decided to give up the ghost intermittently and the Nova shot up at warp 6 with no input, luckily the tx decided to work again at about 50 feet and I was able to dump everything resulting in the quickest landing ever! Changed rx in both to the Turnigy i10 rx and so far everything OK.
Also got a Walkera QRX350 with Devo 7 tranny. Trannies include Turnigy i10, Aurora 9, Spektrum DX6i, Turnigy 9X, aforementioned Devo7 and an old Futaba FF 7 with Orange RF module.

Getting tired now (did I tell you I'm old?) so I'll sign off.

YNWA (Google it if you don't know what it means)

John