Another newbie

Gavinxmam

Thanks for having me . I got a little toy quad for my son V929 and it's aot of fun and very tuff I might add . But now he's Hooked lol . So I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I want to buy my son a rtf quad but everyone on rcgroups tells me I can build it my self and save a little . With that said I'm here to learn and I would like to buy a quad rtf to learn with then build my son another one . I've been into Rc for years but with trucks and a lot of gas Rc boats that Ive custom built The boats and like any Rc it's best to build your own if you want the real thing and not just another toy . So thanks for having me and I'll try not to aggravate you guys to much with all the questions lol .

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Gavinxmam.

Sorry you aint had a reply to your Hello.

Welcome to MRF. Where are u on this rock called earth? Please accept my welcome from the UK..

Its always great to see stuff you do so post some pics of your RC builds.

This is a totally different place than RC groups. Ask away and I am sure you will get a load of peeps chipping in..

Again welcome and I hope u enjoy your stay.

Dave

Dave

Gavinxmam

Aye Up Gavinxmam.

Sorry you aint had a reply to your Hello.

Welcome to MRF. Where are u on this rock called earth? Please accept my welcome from the UK..

Its always great to see stuff you do so post some pics of your RC builds.

This is a totally different place than RC groups. Ask away and I am sure you will get a load of peeps chipping in..

Again welcome and I hope u enjoy your stay.

Dave

Dave

Hi and thanks for the red carpet . I'm from sc USA and here's a few of my builds . View attachment 6901View attachment 6902View attachment 6903View attachment 6904View attachment 6905these fly but just another forum of flight lololo .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660674.775306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660674.775306.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 241
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660691.814425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660691.814425.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 251
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660747.626072.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660747.626072.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 297
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660777.045884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660777.045884.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 300
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660803.319619.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349660803.319619.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 291

ChrisViperM

Hello Gavinxmam

Nice to see another guy stepping into the madness.....

You got one big advantage...you know already about RC, and the basics are more or less always the same....now you need to decide on one of the many Copters out there......I personally was in a similar situation. Coming from Single Rotor Helis, I was fascinated by the possibility to combine my two hobbies (photography and flying any RC stuff). I started off with a GAUI 500x which made it very easy for me to get apopted to Multirotors, but today I would buy a DJI F550 kit with NAZA Flight Control + GPS, simply more bang for the buck....BUT DON't relay on the original DJI props which come with the kit.....they are junk and keep on snapping into half many times....get Graupner or APC props, but there are plenty threads about this here and on other forums.

BTW: Nice boat you got......looks like serious fish chasing :tennis:

Chris

guy1a

Good call. I also have 550 hexa frame with naza /gps
But for the props. I like the nylone carbone mix from gemfan. The do not break but bent in case of contact.
Landing in high grass .. broke my apc props ...

When a prop is stif .. it breaks. When it is not stif it can bend .. i can land safely with un balanced prop. But i can't with a broken one.

My 2 cents :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2