Another Hello from Canada

ChrisErl

Hey guys ive been into RC aircraft for about 5 year now . As a kid i raced cars and built a balsa plane but couldnt afford to to outfit it so it hung from the roof. In the last 5 years ive had planes, helis, quads and a tricopter some bought some built. My current adventure involves the possibility of doing power pole inspections in remote locations. Really in the prelim , feasibility stage but have partners / connections that can hopefully make things Fly :) . I plan on reading lots and eventually i will probably start asking questions which i hope arent all dumb .

Chris

ChrisErl

Thanx roger, as a mechanic I have often told my apprentices that exact thing but have questioned it on occasion. I have frequented the scratchbuilt foamie section at RcGroups for years which is a great little community and I hope to find this one the same :)

Ditto... I'm from Calgary Alberta.....
Good to see you here on MRF..... a great place to find info that is hard to get elsewhere.
Not sure which part of the GWN you are form but if you update your profile you can make you city location and some other details available to all if you wish.
And if you create a signature in your profile, others can all see what MR equipment you own so that you don't have to constantly re-type it.

ChrisErl

Thanx for the tips peter I've just been surfing with my phone and hadn't looked into any of that yet. I'm in central bc. Williams lake to be exact, I'll find May laptop and add some stuff this weekend. I'm hoping next weekend I'll get more info on terrain, picture quality, flight distance etc.. Person with inspection contract has been in Arizona for a month. I leave next Sunday for a funeral in Europe so I will probably have a bunch of internet time to keep reading. Found some really nice looking setups here but it will all come down to want VS need , big price difference :)