Altitude Hold Problem - Pressure sensor?

MikroJ

:frog:Hello , long time no see!!!!!!! Finally making some time for flying....... and like always finding some issues!!!

I recently upgraded or should I say installed (dont know if it an upgrade yet) the new firmware for Navi and f/c..... all seems to be flying ok, does the pressure sensor help with general stability of flight or is it only for height control?
Well anyway Height control does not work at all.?? (height limit set not vario)

When connected to MKtools the graph is showing movement (altitude) so im assuming it is working (see screen shots (before and after transmitter is on) and also moving the MK up and down gives a reading.

Looking at the pressure sensor itself, soldering loosk ok no cracks etc..... I have attached a screen shot of the gpx and it show nothing at all for ALT??

View attachment 1611View attachment 1612View attachment 1612View attachment 1613View attachment 1614

Attachments

• Pressure sensor issue 2.jpg
    Pressure sensor issue 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Pressure sensor issue 3.jpg
    Pressure sensor issue 3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Pressure sensor issue 5.jpg
    Pressure sensor issue 5.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 394
  • Pressure sensor issue..jpg
    Pressure sensor issue..jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 357

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Max altitude only works in the Vario mode (I think)

Cant see the screen shot info as they are rally small.. either that or I need new glasses!

Dave

MikroJ

Attachments

• Pressure sensor issue..jpg
    Pressure sensor issue..jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:

MikroJ

So I have tried updating the firmware again and now have success with the pressure sensor reading sort of ??

but then the kml file opens up in google earth and looks like this ??? comments???

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
mikroj,
is there anything supporting the pressure sensor? i found the mounting prongs on mine were cracked making the altitude function spotty. if there's no glob of hot glue or anything under it, try pushing it down towards the board with it connected to MKTool and see if it does anything odd. it wass easy enough to replace the sensor, fwiw.
good luck with it.
bart

MikroJ

will check that tonight, what sort of odd can I expect? as in "cut in and out" in scope? or big changes in height?

MikroJ

Ok here is the result, seems to be consistent and not drop out ? Does anyone know the default number for altitude settings? maybe going back to factory default or at least see if Im at default figures? But I still have the concern of no data recorded on my sd card for height?? I have reformatted to see if that helps, no difference everything else is recorded just no height?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks lke its going to be one of those MK mysteries that needs a bit of working on with some smoke and mirrors to get it working again.. I would try down grading back to .84 and see if it all goes back to normal..

Dave

crcr

Ok here is the result, seems to be consistent and not drop out ? Does anyone know the default number for altitude settings? maybe going back to factory default or at least see if Im at default figures? But I still have the concern of no data recorded on my sd card for height?? I have reformatted to see if that helps, no difference everything else is recorded just no height?

I have a very similar thing going on. It will usually show the elevation but it is WAY out and not very accurate at all, I also sometimes get the flat line reading 0 the same as you. I noticed this before upgrading to the latest firmware and it still does the same thing now.
I have tried different FC and Navi boards but it is the same. I guess the only thing left is the SD card??

Cheers,
Craig

MikroJ

OKAY some success, I know get altitude hold working (needs little tuning) and also a reading in GPX, What I did to get that not too sure .....But i can tell you what I changed , here goes........

1. Removed sd card and reformatted using Fat16, default size allocation.
2. Re installed the 0.26 navi firmware with sd card in.
3. Mktools - altitude - changed Min gas from 100 to 30, increased z-acc to 4 (did some reading else where got some tips) changed max altitude to 0.
4. Mktools - easy setup - changed stick neutral point back from 127 to 0.

So which do you think helped???
:tennis:

crcr

OKAY some success, I know get altitude hold working (needs little tuning) and also a reading in GPX, What I did to get that not too sure .....But i can tell you what I changed , here goes........

1. Removed sd card and reformatted using Fat16, default size allocation.
2. Re installed the 0.26 navi firmware with sd card in.
3. Mktools - altitude - changed Min gas from 100 to 30, increased z-acc to 4 (did some reading else where got some tips) changed max altitude to 0.
4. Mktools - easy setup - changed stick neutral point back from 127 to 0.

So which do you think helped???
:tennis:

Max Altitude to 0??

For the logging, I'm guessing it would be the re-formatting of the SD that helped, I have tried all the others and it didn't make any difference for me anyway.

I'll try it and let you know how I get on.

As for as altitude now working, it may have been just the reinstall that got it working. I had to reinstall the FC firmware just yesterday because it wasn't beeping when doing the calibration. Seems to do the trick.

MikroJ

It is in the latest mktools under easy setup tab. you can now set the max altitude you want to fly, not sure if it works as is or only set when alt is switched on be it vario or height limitation....

MikroJ

o ok,, yeh I had it at 100m to start with but wanted to change everything back to default when I first installed 0.86 to see if anything I had changed caused the issue.

Went for some test flights today in windy conditions and it is holding up real well, also the data is all there.

The only problem now is the kml file when I open it up in google earth I get dotty bars instead of a flight path???

This is happening even with the old logs I have saved on my pc???? Could be a google earth setting I dont know of ??

I have reinstalled google earth , no luck there.....

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I was meaning why would you set it to zero? I thought you would make it something like 100m?

Setting max altitude to zero turns the feature off, max altitude is then unlimited. If you set the value to anything other than zero it limits altitude to that number in meters.

Ken