AlexMos Board Covers

Kilby

Hey Gang,

I designed a cool little cover for my AlexMos board and it crossed my mind that others might be interested in protecting theirs as well. I have a laser cutter and can run a batch of these off if others are interested. It looks pretty cool in person since it's cut out of acrylic and still allows you to see the board & led's, but it was a pain to photograph. The photo doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

Have a look and if you are interested, leave a reply. If I get a few people that want them, I'll do a run and ship them out.

-Terry

View attachment 13039

Attachments

• AlexMosCover.jpg
    AlexMosCover.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 665

bc6

QuadCopter Noobie
Although I dont have a Alexmos board I'd like to have on of those for my KK2.0 flight controller.

Kilby

Awesome. Glad to see you guys like it. Let me ask you all a question. How many of the header pins do you have on your board? The first one I got (in the photo) I had to install them myself, so I only added the motor pins & rc pitch control pins. It seemed to me that most people would do that if they had the option to install it themselves. The first cover I designed had cutouts only for the bottom rc pins.

The second board I got had the pins pre-installed, so I designed another cover that has cut outs for all the pins.

How is your board set up? If I have those two designs, do you think that will cover everyone (pun intended), or should I just stick with the one design that has all the cut outs?

jfro, I'm actually working on an imu cover made from layers of acrylic. I'll probably do that one out of black material so it will match the gimbal a bit better.

Thoughts?