Airstockpix.com – The aerial photography and video pool

Chris187

Hey Guys,

i am a hobby pilot and I’ve collected a lot of pictures and videos during the last years and when i look into the „Show what you filmed“-Thread I’m sure that I’m not the only one! ;)
I’ve thought that our pictures and videos (especially from some users here!!!) are too good to moulder on hard disc! ;)
Because of this, I’ve created a Homepage where every copter pilot with nice pictures and videos is able to sell their snapshots.
I think this would be a great opportunity to set up a nice platform for selling aerial photos and videos.
Everyone can choose their own price, I’ll think it's fair to divide the income 50:50% for maintenance and marketing activities.

The webside is under construction, and will be optimized within this week.

It would be nice if many participants would sign up.

The Page could be found under the following address:
airstockpix.com

You can create an account by pressing the Link on the top of the page.
If you want to sell pictures you have to choose "contributors plan" below the password and Captcha fields.
After that you can upload pictures and make some settings.

Because it should be an international side i've thought it would be the best when we sort the pictures and videos to the location where the pictures are taken. Currently its possible to choose a continent. You can create spezialised categories for yourself. The location of photos and videos could be changed everytime.

I would really appreciate suggestions and criticism of any kind.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

As a Commercial Photographer I'm all in favor of Stock photography for clients who don't have the budget to afford a professional assignment photographer. This makes sense as it fills a need in the market that virtually anyone with a camera can fulfill and satisfies Clients with minimal expectations. With that said, even Getty has a selection process both for their contributors and their imagery which they use in an attempt to maintain some semblance of quality. Flooding the market with Gopro images isn't good for ANYONE, including yourself. We are a specialized and skilled industry with significant investment every time we fly. My suggestion is that if you want to be a clearing house for Aerial Stock, raise the bar, not lower it, curate aggressively, accept only quality and beat Getty at their own game. Best of luck!

Steven

Chris187

Hello Steven,

thank you very much for your suggestions and wishes!
I also think thats important to provide really good quality and not a mass of bad gopro-videos!
I'll take care!

Chris