Air Plan 3 - iPhone & iPad - Now Available!

Akermay

Hello,

Josh, lead developer of Air Plan here. We’re happy to announce Air Plan 3 is now available!

I don’t want to delve too deeply into the plugging, but I hope you’ll take a look. I’ve left a short description below of what Air Plan is all about below and take a look at our website more details.
We're also kicking off launch with 20% off!

Feel free to leave a comment here or send me an email hello@airplanapp.com with any queries or feedback you have.

Thanks!

Air Plan is the logbook for all drone pilots. Designed for the modern age, you no longer have to keep your notepads and spreadsheets up to date with your flight history. Air Plan keeps all of your flights, batteries and maintenances organised and in your pocket.

Available on the App Store for your iPhone & iPad. All of your data is safely and securely stored online and accessible on any of your devices at a moments notice.
Download Air Plan 3
- App Store
Our Website
Email Us

Akermay

Oh no! We hope you don't think this is too expensive!

While it is a somewhat bias opinion, we think this is great value. Specifically for commercial operators, of which $13.99 is a tiny fraction of operational costs for a business. Especially when you consider this is a one time fee.

We don't think the 'race to zero' attitude on the App Store is healthy or practical and many businesses fail to survive because of this. In many cases if we were offering Air Plan as as desktop application or web service, many people would possibly pay monthly for such a service, but the mentality towards mobile apps is quite the opposite and not something we believe in. If only all things in life were free. ;)

We intend to keep adding value to Air Plan, so all users feel they have gotten their money's worth.

We're a small team and want to keep developing Air Plan to be bigger and better. We have to cover our development and ongoing costs that keep Air Plan running. So we hope you understand our reasoning. All feedback is greatly appreciated though and is taken onboard!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Not an unreasonable approach provided you don't double dip by charging the fee while also displaying advertising.

good luck with it.

violetwolf

Agree with Bart. The price is reasonable if no advertising is displayed within the app. Nothing more annoying than ads in paid apps. (You might consider advertising here on the forums though) :)

And yes due to limited market I feel the price is reasonable.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Is there a light version or a trial version as I would like to have a mess around with it before I purchase? Without the ability to test I am very unlikely to purchase as my current systems works well enough. As for the pricing, I have no problems with that providing I know what it is actually going to deliver. I hate it when people want things for free as we are all in business, the main idea of which is.....to make a bob or two!

violetwolf

Yes a free version crippled in some way would boost sales I would think. Limited to saving one flight until you upgrade to the pro version or something.

Most free apps are basically demos right?

Akermay

Thanks for the feedback all, the level heads are much appreciated.

Is there a light version or a trial version as I would like to have a mess around with it before I purchase? Without the ability to test I am very unlikely to purchase as my current systems works well enough. As for the pricing, I have no problems with that providing I know what it is actually going to deliver. I hate it when people want things for free as we are all in business, the main idea of which is.....to make a bob or two!

There isn't a demo or free version available in Air Plan's current form, although its something I'll take a look into. If you have any questions before jumping aboard regarding functionality or otherwise, fire away.

is it one drone per or can I keep track of as many drones as I like?

You can add as many drones into Air Plan as you like! Just enter them into your inventory and you can select the desired aircraft when adding a flight log, as well as set a default, 'most used' aircraft to save you entering in the details for every flight.

Akermay

v3.02 is now available to download or update to on the App Store. It fixes a few minor issues that we're effecting a small number of users. Thanks for bearing with us through these little teething issues!