Aeroxcraft Camera gimbal DJI F550

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Does anyone know if it is ok to put something like the Sony NEX-5 on the DJI F550 Naza+GPS. I'm thinking of getting the Aeroxcraft camera gimbal and landing gear so I can haul the NEX-5. Is this camera too big for the F550 or would it haul it? I know Aeroxcraft makes a gimbal for the GoPro, but that they also make the larger gimbal for the NEX-5.

I've asked similar questions in the past but this I don't think I've specifically asked if the stock DJI F550 should haul a camera the size of the NEX-5.

astr0b0y

It should be ok with the 16mm pancake but it is probably at the limits of the ability of the stock 550 to give you a steady camera platform. My 550 is fitted with the Aerocraft landing gear, GoPro gimbal, 9x5 props and 5000 mAh 4S and I wouldn't want it any heavier otherwise slow movements are too hard to achieve as the effective throttle range is reduced.
Also the gimbal is a direct control type so it doesn't offer very stable movement and there's still noticeable gimbal movement even with the latest firmware, recommended servos and recommended separate BEC.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
@ast0b0y,

Ok, this is what I thought. Sounds like you and I have a pretty similar setup, except I'm using the Quad Frame landing gear and the matching gimbal.