AD8 HLE Props?

homer911

Any recommendations for props for the Droidworx AD8 HLE. I will be lifting a Canon 5D MKII? 12x6 is recommended from the manufacturer. Anyone have previous experience?

Is there anyone with this set up that can recommend any gains settings? I know they will differ from craft to craft but a starting point would be nice to get started.

Cheers

Siteline

Hi Homer,
Right now I'm flying the Cinestar 8 with the APC 12x6 and the 5d MKII with a light prime weighing in at 1200g for the camera. Right now I would recommend the 12X6's or the graupner 11x5 i think it's worth getting yourself familiar with ecalc and trying a few scenarios with that great tool. I'm finding luck with gain settings in around this range in very little wind, Basic gains: 320 320 300 200 Atti: 65 65 and with winds closer to this, Basic: 250-280 on both pitch and roll and yaw and vertical staying the same at 300 200. But you really have to come up with your own method of achieving smooth flight. I think it's a must to have the settings on a dial to tune it in for the given conditions at the time of each session of flight. There just is no magical numbers. But with time you start to develop a sense of where they might be. I hope this helps. I also hope that the next firmware address some of the issues we are having with the larger birds.:02.47-tranquillity: Cheers

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I tried putting the 14 inch APCs on my AD8 HLE with extended booms and those were too tight, I didn't even bother trying those - went with 13x6.5 . The Droidworx website mentions the 14 inch as possible with the extended booms but they must have been some kind of super extended version. Still need to get it into the air but the distance between props seems about right now, so if you don't have the extended booms, I would say 12 inch is probably about maxed out.

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Any recommendations for props for the Droidworx AD8 HLE. I will be lifting a Canon 5D MKII? 12x6 is recommended from the manufacturer. Anyone have previous experience?

Is there anyone with this set up that can recommend any gains settings? I know they will differ from craft to craft but a starting point would be nice to get started.

Cheers

Which motors are you using

homer911

Cheers for the coments,

I'm using AXI 2814/22.

I'm thinking 12x6 or12x6.5 or 12x7, not sure yet. ecalc shows over the limit on the 12x6.5 and 12x7, but just over the limit at 25amps.

Blacksails

I'm running a DW ad8 hle on two 5s 5500mah with xoar 10x5's (torxpower 3536 motors and 40a esc's) and I'm very happy with it. It's carrying an av200 with nex 5n and is delivering around 10min flights with plenty of power. High disc loading and high rpms are favoured by the dji

Blacksails

The smaller the prop, the higher the disc loading. It's all to do with the weight of your copter and the amount of lift/thrust your props will produce. A high disc loading means that the props/motors have to work slightly harder. Can't really think of a way to explain it. High disc loading = small prop working harder to haul your copter.