A2 Firmware Update...2.6 already :)

Glennyboy

Have people been having trouble with the sats stability again:livid:

Although i gotta say mine been rock solid since 2.3.

Last edited by a moderator:

cootertwo

I wasn't going to say anything, for fear you'd all think I was nuts, or on drugs. But the last week or so, while I was flying my mini quad FPV, and recording the transmitted video to my Lumenier DX600 recorder, (which works great!) while viewing the playback on my computer, I noticed every time I had the sun in view, I could see a huge black elongated patch on the surface of the sun. I have so many different cameras, and quads, I don't remember which camera I had, but it was apparently filtering out the glare from the sun. like when you look at it with smoked glass, or welding goggles. There are most always a small black spot or two on the sun, but this one was huge! The black spot was I believe a solar flare, and it was big! Anybody else notice this with their setup?:dejection:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
From the DJI email

Dear DJI A2 Dealers&Customers,In order to improve the stability of the GPS initial positioning, bring better flight experience , DJI has released the A2 GPS firmware v2.6.

Release Note:
1. Improved GNSS positioning threshold to enhance the initial positioning stability.
2. Optimized integrity monitoring for satellite receiver.

but is this a full firmware update or just a GPS component update?

Bartman

wouldn't the update be available in the A2 Assistant if it's available at all?

deluge2

It's not uncommon for there to be some lag between announcement and actual availability from DJI's server farm. I would expect it to appear within 24 h though...

Steve

wouldn't the update be available in the A2 Assistant if it's available at all?

sk8brd

its gps only guys...fc is 2.4 ....or really 2.4.1 still...original 2.4-had fast startup prop speed that effected more then just kde esc's mentioned in 2.4 thread from official dji message i posted.. that was updated to a new 2.4 which is really 2.4.1 yesterday....so they changed original 2.4 to a new 2.4 yesterday and never called it any different..........that 2.4 thread should still be open bartman...or maybe a new 2.4.1 thread..its hard to keep up.lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Based on what I have been reading, for those considering moving past FW 2.3, they should jump straight to FW 2.6 and skip 2.4......due to an issue with start-up speed.
And then there is always the mystery as to why there was a jump from 2.4 to 2.6 and no 2.5 FW release....... a bit confusing for A2 owners..... IMHO.

deluge2

A2 controller firmware remains 2.4 m1 and A2 IMU firmware is still 2.4, it's A2 GPS Module and A2 GPS PRO that are at firmware v 2.6 and this was released along with the primary firmware change to 2.4.

Bartman, you may want to consider unlocking the A2 firmware 2.4 thread as it's still 'current'...

Steve

It's not uncommon for there to be some lag between announcement and actual availability from DJI's server farm. I would expect it to appear within 24 h though...

Steve

Based on what I have been reading, for those considering moving past FW 2.3, they should jump straight to FW 2.6 and skip 2.4......due to an issue with start-up speed.
And then there is always the mystery as to why there was a jump from 2.4 to 2.6 and no 2.5 FW release....... a bit confusing for A2 owners..... IMHO.

Bartman

A2 controller firmware remains 2.4 m1 and A2 IMU firmware is still 2.4, it's A2 GPS Module and A2 GPS PRO that are at firmware v 2.6 and this was released along with the primary firmware change to 2.4.

Bartman, you may want to consider unlocking the A2 firmware 2.4 thread as it's still 'current'...

Steve

ok, jumped the gun, sorry about that! i'll open it up again

mello

my partner updated and now the LB is stuck in failsafe? Was this caused by the update or is this a common occurrence?