A new marketplace for us all

pgaucher

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of those who helped us during the testing phase. Very appreciated indeed. We are now officially live with our marketplace and ready to expose your work to customers worldwide. The video below will tell you a bit more about the whole concept.

Alternatively, could the editor please touch base with me regarding the purchase of space on this site. Please contact me at ceo@aerialentertainmentstudios.com

Looking forward to showcasing your work to our customers.

You can visit the site at www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Cheers

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have another question. What is the legality of doing this. Are you checking each pilot in the US for their 333 exemption?
Because as a pilot of a AV sUAS , once you sell your video/pictures (here in the US) you are now considered a commercial pilot and regulated by a lengthy list (and growing) of restrictions set forth by the FAA.

I could see at some point the FAA going through your site knowing that is a "pay to use commercial site" and asking for information on the people/pilots who submitted the footage. This could become quite complicated. And get quite a few people who may not understand the rules in some deep trouble.

Have you had your lawyers look into this? And if so what is the work around?

Pumpkinguy

The faa would have to get a court order to get the names of the people submitting content and if this guy is in another country they will be sol. That leads me to think this will encourage illegal operations which I personally feel is wrong.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That was kind of my point is this place going to vet people to make sure that their legal in their country or they just going to except any footage from any slob. if so that could totally entice illegal operations and kind of be a bad thing .

Pumpkinguy

No way this guy can enforce or even know the laws of other countries and it would be in his best interest to just ignore the legal side.

Old Man

Perhaps I've just become more suspicious of everything as I've become older, but I can't help but think of this type of "service" as a means of obtaining video material that's without any kind of copyright protection and use it as it without much benefit to those providing it. Even with a copyright there's not much one can do when their material is used from some places. The other "kiddie" forum has a thread called "Post your videos here" and some of them later end up as part of You Tube compilations. Vimeo has an individual that liberates videos that aren't protected and re-uses them without benefit to the maker. Then we have the issue of a non 333 operator making videos for sale. If they didn't get paid for the work "contributed" they would not, for the most part, have a legal leg to stand on since they were operating illegally to begin with.

Just things to consider.

violetwolf

I think there would be little legal leg to stand on regarding the status of the upoaders. We just have to look at YouTube for precedent.. How many videos there have been checked for location permits etc etc. Heck, even Devin Supertramp openly admits to shooting parkour vids on the streets and buildings without paper.

Highly unlikely YouTube could be held accountable for that.

violetwolf

No way this guy can enforce or even know the laws of other countries and it would be in his best interest to just ignore the legal side.

Exactly he's just an aggregator, or service provider. The responsibility is on the creator and the end user to make sure the paper work is in place.

A disclaimer noting this on the site would be a good idea

pgaucher

Hi guys, I appreciate all the feedback. Allow me to provide some input.

1- We are based in Hong Kong so the FAA has no jurisdiction here. Having said this, every person that uploads content to the site needs to agree to the terms and conditions. Of those terms is the mention that all images uploaded to the site have been obtained legally and in the respect of all local/international regulations. Our intent is certainly not to encourage people to fly in manners who contravene any regulations.

2- We focus on exotic content from the world's most gorgeous locations. In that respect, we are far from US focused in terms of content. Don't get me wrong, the US has some gorgeous sites and we are happy to display them if the images were obtained legally, but we actually focus on images outside the US. 99% of images currently on the site are from other countries.

3- We don't share any personal information to third parties, but we do display the names of the companies who post footage on our site. This is done out of respect to the content creators who have worked hard. This of course is not mandatory, and each artist has the ability to modify their profile at will.

4- We have no intent on using footage coming from other people. We have a reputation to maintain and we would not do anything to put that at risk.

5- this whole site was built with the intent of rewarding content creators. I am a content creator myself and never understood why I would need to give 70%-75% of revenues to platforms like Shutterstock. I simply didn't understand the rationale for that, when I was doing all the work and taking all the risks. So I decided to invest heavily in the development of a platform that could be opened up to the world, and reward those who deserve it.

What we have put together is simply unheard of in the stock imagery industry. From the payout (up to 70%) to the total flexibility for content creators to add/remove content, set their own price and modify it at will ... all those things are unique.

Having said all this, content is king and to that respect, we are being really selective on the kind of content we approve. We've opened up the marketplace only 2 days ago and roughly 80% of submissions have been turned down for multiple reasons. Again, our focus is on exotic material that displays the beauty of the planet. This is not only reserved to professional cinematographers. Very talented amateurs can also produce some great content. Our site serves as a window for all to display their work.

I'm a passionate enthusiast that has put together a platform out of love for this industry. I have an extremely transparent public profile and I would never jeopardise that by operating in an unethical way.

Visit the site, if you have some exotic content, feel free to sign-up as content creators and submit footage for approval. You will see it's not that easy to make it on the site.

www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Cheers everyone

Patrice

You need to put a visible watermark on the samples or they will be stolen. I would not want to submit work until that was implemented. Otherwise, anyone can just grab it and use it...

pgaucher

You need to put a visible watermark on the samples or they will be stolen. I would not want to submit work until that was implemented. Otherwise, anyone can just grab it and use it...
Hi and thanks for the feedback. The preview files are not supposed to be in HD or 4K. We are asking for low resolution versions of footage for the preview files (640x480 for example). This is exactly to protect the content creators. If someone wants to download those low resolution files, it would not really be the end of the world as it could not be used for real professional purposes. The full resolution files are stored on our servers and cannot be accessed.
If the content creators want to put their own watermark on the footage, that is also fine.

pgaucher

Hi everyone,

Now that our Phase 2 has been launched, I need your advice regarding the next phase of our distribution platform.

I would like to know if you believe the following features would be good additions to the site: www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

1- Expand the stock library to accept still photography instead of video only.

2- Create an Elite 8K library (aerial and non-aerial content) that would be targeted at very high end customers (and with significant price tag as well).

3- An internal forum for pros who have content on the site to share and exchange best practices.

4- An automated email system that sends a notification to all content creators when some specific footage is requested by customers. For example, if footage of Africa is requested but none is available on the site, then an email would be sent to content creators saying 'Hey guys, one of our customers is looking for footage of Africa, if you have some, please upload to the site'. The same system would also send emails to customers whenever footage of their requested destinations becomes available.

We are putting this together for the aerial community as a whole so your feedback is really critical.

Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to touch base with me at CEO@aerialentertainmentstudios.com

Cheers

Patrice

Vermiform

I would like to see you have an aerial b-roll section.

Ideally this would allow me to begin shooting generic aerial b-roll, upload it to your site and get paid while you protect me from the idiots in the FAA until they get off their collective asses and institute their certification program.

This is not sarcasm. I should be out shooting footage right now with a FAA Drone License in my pocket.

Edited to add: I know the video is meant to be humorous.

pgaucher

I would like to see you have an aerial b-roll section.

Ideally this would allow me to begin shooting generic aerial b-roll, upload it to your site and get paid while you protect me from the idiots in the FAA until they get off their collective asses and institute their certification program.

This is not sarcasm. I should be out shooting footage right now with a FAA Drone License in my pocket.

Edited to add: I know the video is meant to be humorous.
Oh man that was funny. Joking aside, any opinion on the above features? Cheers.