A Million Questions

jbrumberg

Tom- I have not played around with the data here but, you are talking about the lower "C" batteries. Lower than 25/35?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Tom, I just spotted your signature - which mentions 21lb AUW....

TEECEE, do whatever Tom says!!!! :)

Jay ah is right. ECalc is a tool for getting you some basic info when you're putting a quad together. Didn't you have this built or parts compiled by someone? They would most likely have the basic info you're looking for.

I think ink tom is probably correct. Get some more amp hours on that thing and you'll be off to the races. Seems like a well thought out machine...

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Tom- I have not played around with the data here but, you are talking about the lower "C" batteries. Lower than 25/35?

Yeah. If you do a bit of research on C ratings, you'll realize the whole thing is pretty much bs. They can pretty much slap whatever C rating they want on there because testing for C rating is very much up in the air. Check out a thread at RC Groups about it - those guys even developed their own testing methods. I think GensAce lipos came out the best for most accurate C ratings.

We do about 21 lbs. on two Nanotech 8000mah 6s lipos. Doesn't get very warm. If your lipos are getting hot to the touch after a flight, then your C rating is too low. I think most people generally overshoot C rating by quite a bit to be on the safe side. Just adds weight and cost.

teecee

Wow, great information. Thanks to all. I will try some larger mah batteries and see if I can get my time up. I am just relieved to hear that weight seems OK.