A little help from Taranis users

cootertwo

Hi all. Tell me if I'm wrong, or not. As I understand it, a FrSky D4Rll receiver will send total battery pack voltage back to the Taranis radio, without any other modules needed, right? So there's no need to connect a FrSky FBVS01, as it will only do the same thing. The FBVS01 might give you a simulated cell voltage, but it's just a division of the total pack voltage, not a "real" cell voltage, like the FrSky FLVSS will do, as it connects to the balance port of the battery pack. However, I don't think the FLVSS will work with a D4Rll receiver. Am I right, or is it time for a Xanax and back to bed?;)

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
The D4RII indeed will send the voltage to the Taranis but must get the voltage from a frsky device that reads voltage or from a board like a NAZE32 that outputs voltage.

bfretless

The D4RII sends receiver pack voltage, not the MR flight battery that powers your motors. For that you will need a voltage sensor, and for the D4RII, one of FrSky's varios (either high ot low sensitivity) to act as an interface between the sensor and the Rx. Voltage sensor to vario, vario to Rx data port, Rx telemetry to Taranis. Bonus is you'll also get altitude telemetry with this setup.