A Homer Simpson Moment

Darson Hall

I spent 3 days trying to track down the source of interference from my metal encased FPV camera bolted with a metal bolt to the deck. Thing actually started getting warm... I should have known this but somehow didn't.
Doooh!

Old Man

Carbon is a very good conductor. A word of caution, never, ever stick a wooden pencil with a graphite center into the arc of a Jacob's Ladder. You'll only do that once...

ProfEngr

Carbon is a very good conductor. A word of caution, never, ever stick a wooden pencil with a graphite center into the arc of a Jacob's Ladder. You'll only do that once...

Or try to insulate a flyback transformer (tesla-type project) output with radiator hose. The juice will track right up the nylon strands.

Old Man

I presume you found out the same way I did. My only excuse was I was still in grade school. My judgement error tossed me 10' across the room...

ProfEngr

Yes, but the power was under 48W on the LV side so no real harm done other than a little whitish spot on my finger. I could melt salt with it however. OK, I'd done w/ OT. :D