5.8GHZ Ofcom License

Stratifier

Hi,
I'm probably not the only one to be way over the 25mW allowed for legal (License exempted) video downlink in the UK.
In the process of getting my PFAW, I need to be either at 25mW, or getting a license from Ofcom for a more powerful FPV. I don't know what particular license it is about since there are apparently a lot of them.
Found a few (very few) TX at 25mW able to get 24V from a 6s battery.
I suppose that many had this issue to address.
What did you do?
Thanks.
S

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ermm, apparently you can't get a license for 'airborne' uses. We'd all have them otherwise. Don't worry, no one is going to check. My friend did a demonstration for Ofcom a month back, they didn't have a clue about the limits anyway...:)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Getting a license is very difficult. I found it possible to get one but you needed to get a new one for every location and date that wished to operate thus making it totally impractical. So either stick to 25 or ask for forgiveness I guess.

I have tried to engage with Ofcom, although admittedly not too hard, to see if there is away we can find a workaround to this but they came across as not being in the slightest bit interested.

Rotorfreek

I have also been down this route with them... Basicly the licence you can get for unlimited airborne use excludes 5.8ghz, and the one to include it is a case by case basis...

I was 'hinted at' that they aren't too bothered by the relatively small use in FPV so to not worry! So crack on with 250mw I do!

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.