4s lipo how far to take them?

haha49

People always say don't pull more then 80 percent out of them so my question is if your watching the voltage at which point do you want to be on the ground at which voltage? Is it at hover voltage or under load like your climbing up.

I don't want to ruin my lipo as they can be expensive so what's the I should land now voltage? Also is it under load or hovering voltage or does it simply depend on what type of flying you do. I've seen 1 lipo drop from 14.8 to 13.5 for half a second then jump right back up to 14.5 so I've seen some random drops in power but I find that's on the smaller packs. I want to fly by lipo alarm and timer as well as watch my voltage that way I cover my self in more then 1 way.

Electro 2

voltage at which point do you want to be on the ground at which voltage?

I use 3.45 volts per cell in-flight as a come-home voltage. Timers and on-board alarms are ineffective in the grand scheme of things. Telemetry is the way to go.

haha49

I use 3.45 volts per cell in-flight as a come-home voltage. Timers and on-board alarms are ineffective in the grand scheme of things. Telemetry is the way to go.

I have all 3 better safe then sorry. I use the timer as a turn around guide. So do I just go 3.45x4 to get the total voltage at 13.8. I set my lipo alarm at 3.5 per cell since it was 3.7 which is a little early.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The 80% rule is for mah, not voltage. For a 5000mah lipo you'll take out up to 4000mah. In-flight voltage is different depending on what lipo you're using. I don't go lower than 3.6V per cell under load. When you land is should be around 3.8V per cell.

I also recommend using a variety of things to time your flights. Telemetry and a timer are a good start.

Remember, it's not how long you can fly, but how quickly you can get the shots done! :nevreness: