3axis camera mount x650

ive been shooting with the cameera mount that i bought with the x650 and im not happy with it any idea what i can do to get into a 3axis mount for not 1500 bucks.

theres one for a guai 330 for 150 from sportsmoto but dont know how id rig it

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
ive been shooting with the cameera mount that i bought with the x650 and im not happy with it any idea what i can do to get into a 3axis mount for not 1500 bucks.

I think you really only need a two axis with a multi, the pan is done with yaw control. If you want true full pan capability you'll need to either have retractable landing gear or have the gear attached to the mount so that it rotates along with the camera platform and doesn't get in the view of the lens as it turns.

There's a lot of good 2 axis mounts available starting at around $300 and going up from there, anything pro quality is going to be in the $600 and up range. For the X650 you'll pretty much be on your own for adapting it to mount on the frame, it hasn't been on the market long enough for anyone to develop a mount specifically for it.

You can start the search here... http://www.averticalview.com/stabilized_full_size.html

I have this mount in 2 axis form and it needs a bit of refinement but has a lot of potential which I've yet to fully explore as I don't currently have a platform to attach it to with sufficient power to carry it plus a decent camera, I'm working on fixing that problem.

You can also look at some of the mounts available through the US and Canadian based Mk dealers, just do a google search for mikrokopter + US or Canada if you don't already know who the dealers are.

That should get you started at least.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah your right 2 axis is perfect. i want to either upgrade in a couple weeks month to a droidworkx or trex 700e. so maybe shouldnt put too much time in this thing. i am going to keep it for sure but need something to get a real camera up there!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
by real camera, what are you talking about? what camera are you planning on hanging from the X650?

with a droidworx or trex id like to put up a 7d

or just buy the gh2 but i need a better gimble for the x650 this one is fullof vibrations

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is that a Canon 7D... Blimy that a bigun! ~ Do you need something that big / sophisticated?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

what servo are you using for the camera mount tilt? is it compensating well enough for the movements of the quad when you're flying?

futuba micro servo.

it seems to keep up when i maunally tilt the heli. what im having is shakes in general not bad but definitly not good. i can do stabilizer with final cut motion 4 software but id rather not have too. i just need to play with it more.

thinking ill get some other camera than the gopro too. im just gonna sell it. if anyone on here needs it lemme know!

175 shipped