2 MR debate, FPV question

I thought I decided I wanted the iFlight XBIRD 250 mentioned in group build. Then I found the immersion vortex. Watching videos of FPV flight it seems there is a HUGE difference in the way they fly (speed seems to be a big difference)

I have no doubt I want a FPV racer. I currently have this kit. And a GoPro hero 3. I'm thinking I want to upgrade the camera for FPV.

So the question is. Is Vortex more bang for my buck? Or simply just higher price for a similar quad?

And. If I got an LCD screen for FPV could I go back and forth between the goggles in the kit above and the screen? I mean... One day go out and use the goggles, then another day go out using an LCD screen. What would be involved in going back and forth?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm pretty sure I answered my own question. I'm trying to calculate weight and thrust and all that good stuff....

Still hunting the FPV goggle & screen swapadoodle....

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
If you use a standalone FPV video receiver, they output plain NTSC video that can run into a generic LCD display or into many inexpensive goggles. If I was you I'd avoid the goggles and LCD displays with built-in radios...they are somewhat convenient but very limiting and generally not upgradable.

Aaaaahh Gotcha. So I'll put the kit I have on my qx (hopefully it lifts it) and I'll start shopping for a standalone video receiver.

Any suggestions?