2 man systems, what is your configuration?

Pumpkinguy

For a non slip ring type gimbals do you have a 5.8vtx for pilot with telementary info and something else for camera operator? Lightbridge used for video only possibly? How are you set up? Maybe you don't have any vtx for pilot and use just voltage telemetry on the transmitter in combination with led codes?

Thanks guys.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I use two x VTXs one on the aircraft for the pilot and one on the gimbal for the cam op. I am not a fan of separating Lightbridge from the command link as Lightbridge uses pretty much the whole 2.4GHz bandwidth and having an emitter that close to the aircraft's receiver doesn't seem clever to me. I know people do it but it's just not a route I would choose.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the second camera and Vtx is a good idea I hadn't considered. have just been tapping into the camera op's feed when necessary.

for non-slip-ring applications like the Mōvi M5 I"ve put the HDMI converter and the vTx on one of the arms of the gimbal so that the wires and everything move with the camera instead of potentially wrapping up in the mechanisms. Mōvi should be back at the shop this week so I can post a pic when it's all back together if you'd like.

Pumpkinguy

I use two x VTXs one on the aircraft for the pilot and one on the gimbal for the cam op. I am not a fan of separating Lightbridge from the command link as Lightbridge uses pretty much the whole 2.4GHz bandwidth and having an emitter that close to the aircraft's receiver doesn't seem clever to me. I know people do it but it's just not a route I would choose.
So you are using 2 x 5.8 Vtx on different channels with pilot and camera guy having 2 monitors?

Pumpkinguy

the second camera and Vtx is a good idea I hadn't considered. have just been tapping into the camera op's feed when necessary.

for non-slip-ring applications like the Mōvi M5 I"ve put the HDMI converter and the vTx on one of the arms of the gimbal so that the wires and everything move with the camera instead of potentially wrapping up in the mechanisms. Mōvi should be back at the shop this week so I can post a pic when it's all back together if you'd like.

If I'm understanding this correctly you are flying blind? No OSD data? Just relying on transmitter telementry voltage and led sequence?

Carapau

Yes, two separate channels on 5.8. Camop has his own screen and I have two- one for my FPV feed and one for the Camops view- allows better coordination.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If I'm understanding this correctly you are flying blind? No OSD data? Just relying on transmitter telementry voltage and led sequence?

every flight is timed, battery monitors on each battery, mostly line-of-sight when i'm flying, i've tried a couple of different OSD set-ups but find them to be more trouble than they're worth

i use Myvu Universal goggles, like sunglasses and FPV goggles at the same time. been out of production for a few years so I have a few backups as well! :)

I have a Xaircraft SuperX with OSD linked to a front facing camera- which is then connected to an ImmersionRC 5.8 tx. I have a second ImmersionRC tx hooked up to the camera on the gimbal. They both operate on separate channels. I have two monitors. One of the monitors is a Flysight so I can switch between cameras if I'm out solo. I also have voltage telemetry coming out to the Futaba 14sg so no matter which channel I'm looking at I have battery data.

Pumpkinguy

I have a 14sg but currently linked directly to the A2. I'm thinking about tossing the 7008sb in there so I have voltage but the built in rx of the A2 just works so perfect I'm apprehensive about adding another connection.
Once I figure out flight times with payload I will also have a time warning on the 14sg.

Stratifier

I have 2 5.8 sets. 1 for the Cam Op/ gimbal, 1 for Pilot with 2 mini cams, 1 pointing horizontal, the other vertical switchable via 14SG. 2 monitors on tripods. (I don't like much using tripods but so far I've not found a safe portable/balanced solution for my FPV. Have to put my mind to it.

Carapau

Secraft TX trays are the mutts nuts and work very well. Once you have tried one of these you will wonder why on earth you ever bothered with tripods!

Pumpkinguy

It's a tx support system. I'm not understanding how this solves his problem of monitors being on tripods. Please explain.

Carapau

But if you get the FPV monitor accessory for it, it becomes the complete mobile solution.

FPV_Station_7-500x500.jpg