Mikrokopter Shaking in the air

rodgzin

i had a crash on my MK HEXA and, after full re-building, it's 'brand new' again.

ok. but when i made a test flight this morning, it showed very shaky... not smooth...

was pretty windy, but, i've already got windyer days, and smooth movements, and now i got the wind compensation like in steps, not smoothly... like punching in the air...

any ideas? the acc decalibrated? the GC out of center? any BL_CTRL wanting to die? gyro dead? arms not 'straight'?

thanks buddies.

smartaquad

Hi!!Im having the same problemm..did you sort it out??
I converted to coax las week and it was so good in the wind with default settings!!
I had to rebuild the flat version for a gig as I could get the coax to be soft enough and it seams epileptic in 10mph wind....
Any tips out there??

Last edited by a moderator:

smartaquad

Hi Wizprod,
Thaks for the tip, I have to say that I simetimes find MK setings a bit crazy, for ex. D doesn t really make much on this Okto XL2, it really marks a diference on the radial and in the coaxial I reduced tha value to 3 and smoothed it out big times...

wizprod

Setting Gyro D to 3 would do all sorts of evil, especially flying in wind...
Set it to 20-30, and tune the remaining params to your liking.

mephisto

Hi there,

I had shaking problems with my Hexa (even if it was calm and it should be lying on air it was permanently regulating), too. Parametrizing didn't help too much.

Reason in my case was the Use of a CFK Frame (which is known to be vulnerable to Vibrations) in combination with not very well balanced props. They cause vibrations on the Frame which you can even hear. Balanced the props - Problem gone. Hexa perfectly in the air. I was suprised what a huge difference a cm of adhesive tape makes.

You can even balance the motors (if it's cheap china stuff maybe not a bad idea). It's a bit tricky, but you can use the Koptertool for that. Dismount the all props, and do Motortests (arm by arm). Watch the Acc value chaning while spinning of. If you see the acc freaking out stop the motor, put iso-tape or sth heavier then Tesa on one side, and see if it's better. Good motors (like axi for instance) don't need to be balanced.

Cheap roxxies were not perfectly balanced.

Also important to decouple the FC from the frame. with soft spacers.

so long,
meph