Phantom 2 - DJI Have a Winner!

adanac

I also don't like the price of the battery but very much enjoy how easy it is to use and the flying time. I've decided not to worry about it and have ordered a third this morning. I get about 15 minutes with gimbal and camera in freezing temperatures.

Flydigital

Living in the UK, I've just looked on eBay U.S. for an idea on cost of batteries there. It seems not a huge difference $170ish each. I'm actually going to D.C. next month. Anyone know if there are walk in stores in D.C / MD to buy Phantom stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

I live in NYC so I don't know about D.C. My impression is that a walk-in for DJI stuff is rare.

You might consider ordering from B&H and having it shipped to wherever you are staying in D.C. Because it's out-of-state shipping, you wouldn't pay sales tax and the shipping wouldn't cost much. They have a free shipping option but with that option the delivery date would not be precise so you'd have to have some flexibility in your receipt date.

Living in the UK, I've just looked on eBay U.S. for an idea on cost of batteries there. It seems not a huge difference $170ish each. I'm actually going to D.C. next month. Anyone know if there are walk in stores in D.C / MD to buy Phantom stuff?

will3d4food

New Clone DJI Phantom 2 Battery, $73usd

Has anyone tried this new Phantom 2 Clone Battery, $73bucks a pop, definitely much better than the $160 dji one's, my buddy ordered a couple to try out and before I pull the trigger I want to see if anyone heard anything about them, it looks completely different to the ones banggood were selling that I heard were bad and Nuke says is compatible with the latest dji update.

http://nukerc.com/phantom-2-clone-li-po-battery.html

http://nukerc.com/blog/Big-things-coming-soon/

View attachment 18422

Attachments

• dji_phantom_2_clone_5400_lipo_battery.jpg
    dji_phantom_2_clone_5400_lipo_battery.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 398

chipwich

Has anyone tried this new Phantom 2 Clone Battery, $73bucks a pop, definitely much better than the $160 dji one's, my buddy ordered a couple to try out and before I pull the trigger I want to see if anyone heard anything about them, it looks completely different to the ones banggood were selling that I heard were bad and Nuke says is compatible with the latest dji update.

http://nukerc.com/phantom-2-clone-li-po-battery.html

http://nukerc.com/blog/Big-things-coming-soon/

View attachment 22626

I received mine Friday, and having ordered it 13 June, took almost exactly a month to arrive in Atlanta. I haven't had time to fly it yet, but the design, fit, finish, are pretty much identical to the DJI version. Going to order a second one today.

Nuke RC

its been 60 days. my order #100000093. Nothing shows as shipped, nothing has arrived. No response from email, no refund.
Brutal customer service.. Nuke RC Sucks and is a waste of money.. for the time wasted..

I received mine Friday, and having ordered it 13 June, took almost exactly a month to arrive in Atlanta. I haven't had time to fly it yet, but the design, fit, finish, are pretty much identical to the DJI version. Going to order a second one today.

Flydigital

I have also lost out here. $337 for 4 batteries, ordered about 3 months ago. No response. Nothing! Also Paypal says their claims service expires after 45 days.

I'm not sure if NukeRC is a deliberately fraudulent website or maybe it simply went bust and took my money in the process.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e55f8d49/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e55f8d49/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

chipwich

I have also lost out here. $337 for 4 batteries, ordered about 3 months ago. No response. Nothing! Also Paypal says their claims service expires after 45 days.

I'm not sure if NukeRC is a deliberately fraudulent website or maybe it simply went bust and took my money in the process.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e55f8d49/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e55f8d49/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

I just received my second battery from Nuke RC on Friday the 15th and sure enough, it was about a month to get it just like the last. Interestingly, I ordered two of those doohickey multi battery charger connectors and that order arrived in only two weeks. I wonder if their shipping method is not working in your respective countries for the batteries? I did notice today while being in the US Post Office that there was a sign on the wall stating that it was a crime to send certain dangerous items through the mail, one of them being lithium batteries.

Anyway, I hope that you two receive yours because the quality is quite good. Anyone else having trouble? Seems like about a month to get one via US Postal Service.

Flydigital

Interesting that you got yours recently. I will resurrect my attempt to get these! They haven't answered any emails I sent which made me think they were dodgy. I'll keep knocking!<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/3413d3b0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Flydigital

Amazingly my 4 batteries have arrived out of the blue, 3 months after ordering them.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/70a97a82/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

chipwich

Amazingly my 4 batteries have arrived out of the blue, 3 months after ordering them.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/70a97a82/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Congrats. I've got two, and had no problems whatsoever. The multi battery charger is a bit of hit or miss at the moment. 2 batteries at the most, and if they are really drained, only one. Probably because the stock power supply (black brick) cannot supply enough juice to simultaneously charge all batteries. I am going to try another P/S, but need to make a cable. Just need to not get over my head with watts, amps, voltage, current, and the like. I like my house :)

Sad to see the end of the P2 :(

I started this thread 17 months ago and I still love my P2.

The original battery has flown 68 flights and is still going strong (see video below) despite a few hiccups with low battery warnings. I believe the solution is never to fly with a partially charged battery and I now ensure I have a fully charged battery before every flight.

My P3 is on order :D