URGENT......SERIOUS PROBLEM with DJI DL900Mhz Ground Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have these DJI LK900 Mhz transceivers been successfully installed on Notebook PCs by anyone else here in North America?

I recently purchased the DJI Ground Station c/w LK900 Mhz from a Hobby shop in Mesa, Arizona for my WooKong M GPS (supplied thru Empire RC). Immediately upon connecting the DL900 Mhz transceiver to my almost new Notebook PC, the transceiver red led flashed on, then off and my Notebook PC suddenly failed and will no longer boot up! It seems that there is some serious incompatibility issue with the 900Mhz transceiver and/or USB cable link to my Notebook PC. As for now I am out $1200 and am scared to connect the DL900 transceiver to any other computer or I could be destroying other PCs. What is going on here?:upset:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Tahoe Ed

Did you connect both USB connectors? If you did, you only need one. The double connector is only for old computers where they could not supply enough power through a single port. Try it again with only one port connected and see if that works. I use mine with a HP netbook and it works fine. Did you get an new SN for you WKM so the Data Link is recognized for single waypoint? if not it won't work.

after the initial panic and about 15 minutes waiting time, I decided to remove the Notebook battery and try again to reboot from the 120VAC powerpack only and it booted up this time. Might be a thermal reset fuse/breaker in my ASUS K61IC Notebook PC ..... Will now do a continuity check on the provided USB cable to verify that the wiring is correct. Then will connect the cable and transceiver before powering up the Notebook.

Tahoe Ed..... Regarding new Serial Number..... Having paid the $520 forthe complete Ground station system I thought the single waypoint was already included free without need of new serial number but will look into that.

The problem was traced using my multimeter to a faulty USB cable as supplied from the manufacturer...... USB cable was probably an untested 3rd party product!

Razzil

The cable that came with my Naza is the only one I can get to work ... I have several same type and my naza won't detect. Not sure if they do something different.

Happy to see that things are starting to work out for you Peter. I am also interested to see if the complete ground station includes the single waypoint option.

Some progress now that I am past the defective cable including com link thru to MR transceiver (I think).....but seems I have to notify someone of my existing WKM serial number so as to get Ground station to work for single waypoint. Also the Google Earth plug-in seems to not be working. Notified DJI Hong Kong directly..... will see what happens tomorrow.

Tahoe Ed.....
I bought the WKM from UAV then purchased the GCS from National Hobbies while on vacation in Mesa Arizona.......

So....... WHich of the two dealers provides me with the new serial number so that I can get GCS to commincate with my WKM....... Or is that still required for the new WKMs which include one free waypoint?

Tahoe Ed

You would get that from the dealer that you bought the Data Link. They will need the hardware ID for your WKM. The new serial number comes from DJI. When you input the new number in Assistant it will activate the single waypoint. You will see the waypoint activation on the lower left of the info screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.