DJI "NEW" 10" Props

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
I have been running the NEW DJI props for the last couple of weeks and have been real impressed with the performance. I was running the APC 9x4.7 before and I think these DJI 10x3.8 are smoother. after watching the video I believe that the build quality is there.

DJI F550
Naza m
futaba
4s 5000 mah

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I have been running the NEW DJI props for the last couple of weeks and have been real impressed with the performance. I was running the APC 9x4.7 before and I think these DJI 10x3.8 are smoother. after watching the video I believe that the build quality is there.

DJI F550
Naza m
futaba
4s 5000 mah

4S or 3S? I'm hoping you say 4S as I've been thinking about going to a flatter profile propeller and these NEW DJI props seem to be the ish. I think they are also notched for DJI motors though right? Would we have to ream them out to get them to fit and what is the shaft size, 8mm? Thanks!

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Running 4s for sure and they are notched for the DJI motors so there is no need to ream them.

I don't have DJI motors is what I'm saying so if they ARE NOTCHED then I will need to ream them, you probably have the DJI motors so you don't need to. I think DJI motors are 8mm if I remember right. I may buy a set just to see if can get them to work I guess. I use 4S and a lower profile blade would be great, 5 pitch is too heavy for high speed props and 3 would be excellent I'm thinking, not to mention smooth as silk.

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
They have flats inside the bore. I am running these reamed to 8mm then reduced to 5mm (HeliDirect Reducers) on TBS 900s and 4S. My 5.25 lb. 8400mA LR FPV quad flies great! Very smooth and the motors are barely warm - but its still cool here...Anybody need 4 Graupner 9-5s?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
They have flats inside the bore. I am running these reamed to 8mm then reduced to 5mm (HeliDirect Reducers) on TBS 900s and 4S. My 5.25 lb. 8400mA LR FPV quad flies great! Very smooth and the motors are barely warm - but its still cool here...Anybody need 4 Graupner 9-5s?

I'm not sure I follow you? "They have "flats" inside the bore." What's a "flat"? To me that's what you get when your tire runs over a nail lol. I have a 8mm to 4mm spacer that I use on Graupners, is that what you're talking about or maybe "washer"? Anyway, I really like the fact that you can use fast motors with a low pitch prop because what that means aerodynamically. You'll get speed and better use of the lift created plus less stall areas which will be great for high speed motors. People should see a much flatter but precise throttle curve too as well as reduced amperage draw on their HIGH speed motors as well as less heat. This is very exciting! What reaming tool do you use? I need to get one looks like. Thanks!

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I'm not sure I follow you? "They have "flats" inside the bore." What's a "flat"? To me that's what you get when your tire runs over a nail lol. I have a 8mm to 4mm spacer that I use on Graupners, is that what you're talking about or maybe "washer"? Anyway, I really like the fact that you can use fast motors with a low pitch prop because what that means aerodynamically. You'll get speed and better use of the lift created plus less stall areas which will be great for high speed motors. People should see a much flatter but precise throttle curve too as well as reduced amperage draw on their HIGH speed motors as well as less heat. This is very exciting! What reaming tool do you use? I need to get one looks like. Thanks!

What's a "flat"? Your car ran over a nail? :) Do you mean a washer? I have an 8mm to 4mm reducer I'd use for Graupners if I had any so those would work for these then too. What reaming tool do you use? Looks like I need to buy one. The flatter profile props will allow people to fly more precise and reduce the load on faster spinning motors. This is GREAT news for me :)

kloner

Aerial DP
if you have dji motors, you know the deal..... it keeps the prop from spinning of a nut came loose. also keeps ccw from loosening nutt, but it makes them impossible to balance, don't fit anything but there motors nobody sticks with for long

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
if you have dji motors, you know the deal..... it keeps the prop from spinning of a nut came loose. also keeps ccw from loosening nutt, but it makes them impossible to balance, don't fit anything but there motors nobody sticks with for long

Ok so the obvious question, what motor DO people swap to? What are people most happy with? I"m on these 1350Kv's still..they are a BLAST!!! I have about 40% more power now but I'm going to switch to these flatter profile props and I'm willing to bet things will change drastically as far as amperage draw and efficiency of my motors. I may end up switching these to something more...docile lol... What is everyone using and recommending on the 4LB-ish F550 DJI??? Thanks!

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
What's a "flat"? Your car ran over a nail? :)
I must be older than I thought. A flat is a flat area on a shaft otherwise round - typically for the purpose of locating a set screw. Maybe its regional RC dialect. My metric prop reamer is a Fox. Heard of Fox? :D

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I must be older than I thought. A flat is a flat area on a shaft otherwise round - typically for the purpose of locating a set screw. Maybe its regional RC dialect. My metric prop reamer is a Fox. Heard of Fox? :D

I think it was the context you used it in that threw me, you have "flats" inside the bore? The area is round and washers are flat and so are apartments in England, "flats". I've heard the word used but never for something that was round. :D My mind got confused, I have rounds in my squares and triangles in my rhombusesesees :)

mw993cab

Is that a DJI motor and you use the same DJI ISC? Are there any other considerations in motor selection, different manufacturers, amp specifications, etc.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: