IS THIS A NEW DIVERSITY CONTROLLER? 4CH w/ included 5.8Ghz reciever???

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Check this out, what do you think? 4 channel diversity, what could you do with that? Sure would make things pretty compact unless you have big antennas to carry around. I bet you could hook the signal output from this diversity controller into your current 2 channel diversity controller and still use yet another receiver off your current diversity so 3 into this unit below, that into your current 2 channel system and one additional channel in your current system. I bet you'd never lose video again lol...

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/d584-58g-diversity-receiver-p-845.html

kloner

Aerial DP
when diversity controllers go back and forth between ch it makes what you and i call static in the switch. When you got more antennas for it to choose from it's even worse.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
when diversity controllers go back and forth between ch it makes what you and i call static in the switch. When you got more antennas for it to choose from it's even worse.

Did you watch the video on it? It's super fast and there's almost no static at all in the switching, also you can control the sensitivity of the diversity. I do this with 2 antennas already and it works very, very well compared to just one. I can imagine that 4 channels could give you almost 360 coverage if you used 4 patch antennas. If I ever switch over to 5.8Ghz I might check this system out. I hope they come out with it for all the bands.

kloner

Aerial DP
still see it making constant static. I'm using immersion duo receiver and it's as good as it gets and it bugs me. You seem enthusiastic, it's your turn to buy one of each and decide yourself..... already did that and am still paying it all off

I remember looking for the majic bullet for my video link...... It all came together for me using lawmate brand gear in 2.4.... after that i quit looking for something better cause i was floored at how good life gets when you just get the right stuff used in it's most basic forms

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
still see it making constant static. I'm using immersion duo receiver and it's as good as it gets and it bugs me. You seem enthusiastic, it's your turn to buy one of each and decide yourself..... already did that and am still paying it all off

I remember looking for the majic bullet for my video link...... It all came together for me using lawmate brand gear in 2.4.... after that i quit looking for something better cause i was floored at how good life gets when you just get the right stuff used in it's most basic forms

So I take it you are using UHF for your controller then? Dragon Link? I use 2.4Ghz for radio transmission so that's out for me at least for now. Might get a new radio, Futaba 8FG Super, and then I'll add UHF. I was thinking of maybe 1.3Ghz since it's still a low frequency and the antennas aren't too crazy big.

As far as this diversity controller goes, think of all the things you get rid of and gain. You could have a full antenna array in your backpack :)

kloner

Aerial DP
You should just buy it so you can tell me how bad it sucks. I fpv with 8 guys,,,, they all have there own idea of whats best. One cat in particular is running 4c diversity.... it's a mess.... for a back pack guy it's obsurd.

Those rubber duck to rubber duck will do miles with perfect reception. if it's not, your getting the wong rubber duck.........it's all about the exact parts in the craft, how there hooked up and how the rest of the craft is clean = great reception and crappy setup is a mess of video service. Things like exact length wires through out, no wires is better like using sbus/ppm cut to exact lengths.

1.3 sucks, makes sattelite stuff flat not work or take forever to get a signal, not enough difference between 900 and 1.3,,,, 5" vs 7" CP antennas........ You'd be so much better off with immersion 5.8 than this conglomoration of crap you keep trying to piece together. You really gotta watch all them chineese contraptions, there snake oil

I follow the trail of the masters before me with my gear. Guys like RiscyD, Trappy, Sentry, all run lawmate 2.4,,, TBS in particular runs EZUHF so that's how i roll. I bought Dragonlink, guess what, first real junk i had to dump on a classified add. I had 900, 1.2, 1.3, 5.8 video, mostly always on CP antenns and they all sucked. 2.4 on ch5 or ch8 is amazing. can fly next to all the 2.4 radios with no problems. Can do 5 miles in low gain diversity basicaly no less than a mile behind my antennas and with a quad, even with LRS rc control making a mile and back is about there limits.... most flights for me and my friends are a few thousand feet, but down in and behind stuff.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
You should just buy it so you can tell me how bad it sucks. I fpv with 8 guys,,,, they all have there own idea of whats best. One cat in particular is running 4c diversity.... it's a mess.... for a back pack guy it's obsurd.

Those rubber duck to rubber duck will do miles with perfect reception. if it's not, your getting the wong rubber duck.........it's all about the exact parts in the craft, how there hooked up and how the rest of the craft is clean = great reception and crappy setup is a mess of video service. Things like exact length wires through out, no wires is better like using sbus/ppm cut to exact lengths.

1.3 sucks, makes sattelite stuff flat not work or take forever to get a signal, not enough difference between 900 and 1.3,,,, 5" vs 7" CP antennas........ You'd be so much better off with immersion 5.8 than this conglomoration of crap you keep trying to piece together. You really gotta watch all them chineese contraptions, there snake oil

I follow the trail of the masters before me with my gear. Guys like RiscyD, Trappy, Sentry, all run lawmate 2.4,,, TBS in particular runs EZUHF so that's how i roll. I bought Dragonlink, guess what, first real junk i had to dump on a classified add. I had 900, 1.2, 1.3, 5.8 video, mostly always on CP antenns and they all sucked. 2.4 on ch5 or ch8 is amazing. can fly next to all the 2.4 radios with no problems. Can do 5 miles in low gain diversity basicaly no less than a mile behind my antennas and with a quad, even with LRS rc control making a mile and back is about there limits.... most flights for me and my friends are a few thousand feet, but down in and behind stuff.

Man, listen...I don't want to be "that guy" who spends all his money trying to prove he has the better idea. I want what works but I've also invested some money already and I'd like to see if I can get that to work before I buy anything else. Everything is just an idea right now that I'm bouncing off this board, the true masters, so I can get my head right with all this technology, hence I posted this contraption. If it won't work well it won't work well, no biggie I just won't buy it. Right now I'm working with a Eagle Tree diversity controller and I just bought the lot of the Eagle Tree OSD pro, GPS and 150A elogger...getting the altimeter based on your advise as well but a little later as in next paycheck :)

What I'm looking for is the easiest to carry, most effective antenna setup and least expensive setup as possible...any help with that is much appreciated. I have a new patch antenna 8dbi and new rubber duck omni antenna 3dbi coming in the mail. If those antennas don't work, I'll be switching to 5.8Ghz and will get the tiny antennas and such. How much interference do the guys who fly 5.8Ghz get from other 5.8Ghz guys? Is it like the old days of FM radio where you have to post your channel or fly with a little red flag on your antenna? :)

kloner

Aerial DP
I showed you that days ago but your into this 4ch like it's the solution your looking for and this being the third time i've mentioned it, it's not

You want the nads down simplest most effective way to do this, you'd have to seel alot of what you got to go a different direction, but form the replies it doesn't seem like an option. I bought new, sold used on the rcgroups fpv classifieds. You darn near get full fasr after buying something and flipping it when it comes to fpv gear so it's not a big deal

No, all the LRS systems are no different than a 2.4, there all bind like your 2.4, they all use FHSS much like futabas new algorithym. If nothing else improved but the abaility to use 2.4 for video is the whole reason to use it...... $300. a 2.4 lawmate reciver is $49..... two because you think you need diversity, but i'd ditch that too.

My setup based on what all i know about you and what you keep asking for would be

fatshark dominators
2.4 receiver module for it
2.4 immersion 500mw vtx
clover/spw set
ezuhf

sell everything else you got now. Your head becomes a tracker if you ever went patch antenna. There wouldn't even be a need for a backpack unless you wanted to carry your radio and quad in it

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I showed you that days ago but your into this 4ch like it's the solution your looking for and this being the third time i've mentioned it, it's not

You want the nads down simplest most effective way to do this, you'd have to seel alot of what you got to go a different direction, but form the replies it doesn't seem like an option. I bought new, sold used on the rcgroups fpv classifieds. You darn near get full fasr after buying something and flipping it when it comes to fpv gear so it's not a big deal

No, all the LRS systems are no different than a 2.4, there all bind like your 2.4, they all use FHSS much like futabas new algorithym. If nothing else improved but the abaility to use 2.4 for video is the whole reason to use it...... $300. a 2.4 lawmate reciver is $49..... two because you think you need diversity, but i'd ditch that too.

My setup based on what all i know about you and what you keep asking for would be

fatshark dominators
2.4 receiver module for it
2.4 immersion 500mw vtx
clover/spw set
ezuhf

sell everything else you got now. Your head becomes a tracker if you ever went patch antenna. There wouldn't even be a need for a backpack unless you wanted to carry your radio and quad in it

Cool, I may go 2.4Ghz once I switch to UHF. For the time being I'm going to work with what I've got so far and see what that'll do. These are all ideas for the future for sure though. Eventually I'll build my backpack once I get some more experience and bounce some more ideas of you guys based on what I learn. My radio is probably my weakest link at this point, it's a POS 6EX Futaba...has excellent range for a 2.4Ghz radio hands down but it has no advanced features at all so no RTH. Hey, I hear you can use the Eagle Tree OSD RTH feature with your Naza if your radio doesnt support failsafe. Any clue on that one?

kloner

Aerial DP
when i first got the ET osd i had wired it but got sketched out about it and bailed the idea. The problem is throttle isn't up in ET OSD land, it is forward, the elevator isn't usually made to tilt something forward for it to go. in the huge ET thread at RCG Bill from ET says no it doesn't work and that there making a flight controller solution for MR's and ET OSD pro. probably something like the guardian module for MR's

I have 5 ET OSD pros,,,,,, one of them has total control of my plane,,,, the other planes have diff FC's or are in MR's with there own ways of getting home

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
when i first got the ET osd i had wired it but got sketched out about it and bailed the idea. The problem is throttle isn't up in ET OSD land, it is forward, the elevator isn't usually made to tilt something forward for it to go. in the huge ET thread at RCG Bill from ET says no it doesn't work and that there making a flight controller solution for MR's and ET OSD pro. probably something like the guardian module for MR's

I have 5 ET OSD pros,,,,,, one of them has total control of my plane,,,, the other planes have diff FC's or are in MR's with there own ways of getting home

Gotcha so if I wanted return to home on my Naza controlled Hexa what do I need to do? I want to get the Futaba 8FGH Super, is what I was thinking because it has fail safe and it looks like it's a nice radio etc...14channels etc etc. I do not have the GPS for the Naza yet and I know I need that. Anything else you'd recommend? I guess a fail safe radio is the only way to go for a Naza bound multi?

kloner

Aerial DP
i use futaba 8j with ezuhf and it's all anyone needs. when you goto ezuhf you only get 8ch anyways..... i've got alot of different rigs all the way out to gimble controlled with ch to spare.....

an 8j with a complete ezuhf kit is about the same price as what your wanting. it's a cool radio, just overkill IMO. i came down from JR 11x and couldn't be happier

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
i use futaba 8j with ezuhf and it's all anyone needs. when you goto ezuhf you only get 8ch anyways..... i've got alot of different rigs all the way out to gimble controlled with ch to spare.....

an 8j with a complete ezuhf kit is about the same price as what your wanting. it's a cool radio, just overkill IMO. i came down from JR 11x and couldn't be happier

Now keep in mind I fly more than just hexacopters and with airplanes I use lots of switches for all kinds of garbage lol, retracts, air brakes, flaps, fake bombs etc etc... I agree though with what you said, 8 channels is a LOT of channels. I have had a 6 channel radio now for almost 7-8 years, the same one, and I've rarely used all 6 channels but I have. I'll check out the 8J and see what's what. Is that modular as in the UHF module you bought plugs right in or did you have to wire it? What's the furthest you've flown with your UHF, just curious? Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
8j has 2 digital trim, can program to anything, 2 three way switches, can make em do anything. one rotary knob, same, 5 or 6 two way switches, same thing. The only thing 8ch is the servo or flight controller connection. Alot of what you just described is mixing in the radio using the same few channels. I fly multi rotors from quad to oct, airplanes from 81" wings to 36" 3d planes, helicopters from 700 size gassers to 700 size scale...... i've never physically had a good reason to need more actual channels than 8, yet.