DJI Sep up advise

hazardpro

Hi all

Going to be running a small commercial set up, mainly for aerial photography and video, real estate, venues, events etc.

I really like the DJI gear, is it ok for professional/commercial use (small scale).

I already have the Nex5 which producing some good footage, so I'm happy with that.

this is what I would be looking to run (all DJI);

S800 & WKM
OSD
Datalink
5 point waypoint
Gimbal Z15
Retract legs

The time saved in post edit from using the Z15 will make it cost effective..... downside is I am then stuck to only using the Nex5....

So if someone wanted to stick their own camera on it for filming for example, id have to have an alternative gimbal set up (like the AV200 with Radian stabilisers)

You advise is welcome.

PS also what batteries would you advise for the above set up (and what sort of flight time can I expect?). I was looking at running something like 2x Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 6S?

Thanks

D

Tahoe Ed

The gear you listed will take you far. What flight experience do you have? I ask this because the DJI gear can create a degree of confidence that may not be justified based on flight experience and build experience. I am just trying to save you some headaches.

hazardpro

Hi!

Flying planes for about 6 years, multi rotors (quad) only about 1yr. This will be my first Hex so I know it will be a learning curve....

I'm not afraid to use a screwdriver or soldering iron :nevreness: but I don't have the budget to go down the road of Cinestar etc. and to be honest I kinda like the idea of keeping my equipment with one company to avoid compatibility issues.

I know DJI have had a few 'hickups' along the way but the general consensus seems to be that they are a strong company with 'quality' and a strong point. (that's my thinking anyway) :tennis:

The main 'issue' I have is Gimbal and limitations of camera/filming equipment I suppose.

D

Tahoe Ed

I am with you. Use one manufacture that you trust and be done with it. What gimbal and camera do you have?