F450 crash

elisofix

Hello everybody
After a lot of flights without any problems with the last upgrade on the F450 I had a crash!!!!
The last Upgrade was a cable from the Turnigy Rx to the USB Go Pro port so I can charge it on board if the battery dry out!!!
View attachment 7623
So after take off and 1-2 min flight the F450 started doing crazy yaw maneuvers nad don't respond 100% to my orders so the result after a crash from 30ft is this
View attachment 7622View attachment 7624
I have to say that the choise to add the gimbal between the two Frame Arms is the best,the Go pro doesn't have even a scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I all ready started a new Gimbal/Lower plate Frame Upgrade and AUP I will post picture on the Build sub-forum

Attachments

• crash 2.JPG
    crash 2.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 307
  • CABLE.JPG
    CABLE.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 338
  • CRASH 1.JPG
    CRASH 1.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 296

elisofix

I forgot to ask If any one have any idea why that hapen't????
The cable was pluged on an free port on the Rx (red/black only wires)????
After the crash I unplug the cable and the F450 was fine just like new!!!!! exept the gimbal break!!!

xnavyguy

Not sure why you would need to charge the gopro while flying? I use a hero hd2 and I can easily record 1 1/2 hours of video....my flight times usually only lasts about 9 minutes. Not sure what the free port on the RX was designated for but I wouldn't try it again if it caused my multi to crash.

kloner

Aerial DP
i ran that plug to take my battery out of the gopro and had the same thing happen

Last edited by a moderator:

elisofix

Kloner did you plug it on the Rx because the same maneuver happen't to me!
Now I use an extra bec only for the go pro!

kloner

Aerial DP
no, had it plugged into the 5 volt on my core,,,, video power supply thing from TBS. Walked over, unplugged that thing and flew away from where it came to rest there. Lucky it didn't hit the fence another 50' away

kloner

Aerial DP
i had my hero2 battery out and was just using that rear plug to power the camera. the rig had a fixed fpv cam so i wasn't even using the live feed, but it did something to trip my system out.......