Site notifications slow?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Has anyone noticed that the notifications coming from the site are way behind the activity of the site?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What exactly do you mean by notifications? Like when you have something in your inbox? It is more irritating to me when that second message box keeps coming up every time a private message comes in. It only needs to tell you once really.

One other thing that would be really nice is if the search returned results without having to be overly specific. I.e. I type in GH3 and it wont come with anything. I need to type in panasonic gh3 to refine it. It seems there is a filter that prevents results being listed if they are over a certain amount. Sometimes I dont know exactly what I am searching for and would like to be able to flip through the pages to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

i think it's an inherent problem with the v-bulletin software that the search will suck. i don't know if there's anything that i can do about it. the little white search box under the header on the right side is the worst. you're better off searching a specific forum using the drop-down box in the gray bar on the right side above the threads listings.

Bart

kloner

Aerial DP
When somebody replys to a thread and you have e-mail notification checked, it emails me when they reply. ever since he updated the v-bulletin forum software, it takes most my emails 30-45 minutes to come through. Before that, it was instant. I've pm'd him, emailed him, and now first in line with a here about it..... usually i don't care but i got alot of threads i answer on that i don't even think of revisiting cause i never see the post in my email like i'm used to......

kloner

Aerial DP
the notice for trikes reply was only 5 minutes that time. I notice alot of them aren't coming at all today, think it's been that way a while

Bartman

is everyone that posted so far subscribed to this thread? I'm going to subscribe and then post the time that I post to the thread. let's see if it's the site or if we all have different reception times for the new post notification from the site.

first, everyone that wants to be a part of multirotorforums history has to be subscribed....i'll give it a few minutes.

Bart

Bartman

I got the new post notification 1 minute after Lt. Dan posted. Anyone else? Is this thing on?

kloner

Aerial DP
the clock on my email said 4:10 i got the notice so that's how it used to be...... hasn't been like that