How can I determine a bad ESC?

papawg

Does anybody know if an ESC that is going bad will make a motor run hot and cause intermittent cutout (bump)? These are the things I am experiencing with one of my motors on my F550.:upset:

kloner

Aerial DP
given the history of the kits, it's probably what he said..... resolder the bullets to the wires and try it again. if that motor continues to run like that, then start swapping around the motors and see if it does the same to another motor. it is somewhere along them three wires, it's just hard to say which three's intersection. it can be loose in the motor, the fet in the esc can die...

the bullets get bad solder from the factory is a known problem from dji, usually on the motor side to bullet. there solderer is a new guy or something

papawg

Sounds like some good advice guys. Thanks. I like the swapping the motor part especially. That would definately point to something going on at a particular location.

papawg

I soldered the bullet connectors and that seemed to fix it. I have flown the f550 a couple of times with no problems. I will be soldering the rest of the bullets. Seems like another good idea with the design of those things that just didn't work out.