San Diego, CA, USA FPV meetup Sept 29th

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Kloner brought this to my attention so I thought it should be posted for anyone in the are to consider.

1st FPV Meetup San Diego North County - September 29th 2012 at Dave's Beach, Carlsbad

DATE CHANGE +++ DATE CHANGE +++ DATE CHANGE

THE EVENT IS NOW ON SEPTEMBER 29TH 2012 DUE TO AN CONFLICT WITH ANOTHER EVENT!

1st FPV Meetup San Diego North County
September 29th, 2012 from 7:30am at Dave's Beach, Carlsbad, CA

It's official: Our first North County FPV Meetup will be held on September 22nd, 2012 at Dave's Beach in Carlsbad.

This meetup is all about FPV, FPV Flying and sharing information. Invited are experts as well newcomers who want to check out FPV.

SCHEDULE

We will have a schedule but nothing is strict. However we will do a safety check on each plane/equipment that will fly during the meetup.

7:30am to 8:30 am Pilot Checkin and Equipment Safety Check
8:30am to 9:00am Welcome Note and Introductions
10:00am to 11:00am Workshop (see below)

The rest of day is just flying!

WORKSHOP

Since we expect a few newcomers, I thought that we hold a little workshop. The workshop basically encompasses what you need to get started in FPV and avoid the mistakes we all made :)

Guest Speakers welcome! Let me know if you interested.

Also we will offer "Demo Rides". I have a 2nd pair of Goggles to give non-pilots the chance to experience FPV first-hand. Let me know if anyone else is interested in helping with this.

IMPORTANT

Here are some important reminders. See the attached flyer for more information.

1) Parking is limited and only permitted in the designated area. Try to be early there. Remember that we need to share the parking lot with surfers, beach goers and other RC Flyers.

2) There will be potential RC Gliders operating at the same time. Be respectful and share the field :) Announce take-off and landings if necessary.

3) We suggest that you have enabled and tested RTH (Return To Home). Remember we fly on the Open Ocean and if something goes wrong then there is probably limited chances to get your plane back.

REGISTRATION

Please make sure you fill out the form below if you attend, so we can plan the frequency map/slots (if necessary).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EwQ2c6MQ#gid=0

This is going to be fun day and I hope to you see you all soon!

Thanks,

Andy

kloner

Aerial DP
theres gonna be just about every way possible to fpv there....... heck i think there'll even be ground based stuff. Goggles, monitors,,,,,, quads, planes, etc. I'll be there with all my crap. if you see me in the back of a cop car just keep walkin....... pretend your there for the weather

kloner

Aerial DP
what a cool group of fpv'rs i ran into this deal.... i'll be flying with them guys again. the only problem today was we were getting stopped on. There was a highway right behind us, like the i-101, across that was a huge hotel,,,,, i think one of the rigs was taking it from bearable to where the hell is my plane. hard to tell with so many people. it wasn't just the 2.4 video either, the only frequency not getting hammered was 5.8. It was so bad my best rig wouldn't even transmit a signal, but did right before and after being there, weird. When i get the live feed up your gonna be like what fpv.

heres a page with pictures. the organizers took pics but super early. I went around at the peak of the day with my new 5n clickin away
http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/funfly/davesbeach/

so were stuck watching ol wobbly gimble disco and the zeph,

more uploading..... one plane went in the spin cycle,,,,, hopefuly they'll post that and i'll repost it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
heres more

play this with the one above,,, look where the video goes out

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Oddly enough we all got along so well and have so much in common we've formed a flying group. Going one step further the guy that organized the event has taken the Video Pilots Association under his wing and were gonna work on building it up. Was something guys at fpvlabs started a long time ago but now is the time to make it something. non community fpv pilots need a voice and this is going to be it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745028

if anybodys in the Los Angeles/San Diego area and wants to see fpv in action, follow that thread for the next meetup. Any one of us will be proud to give you a ride

kloner

Aerial DP
were gonna plan trips all over to different spots so it'll be fun and for me easy and close. The desert i fly at is an hour twenty and about $80 in gas. the river is 3 hours away and about $145

kloner

Aerial DP
heading out in a bit to give it hell. got a pile of packs to burn and these guys got a generator so here we go

i.php