happy with MaxAmps batteries

If you're looking for some good batteries, take a look at MaxAmps. We've been using a few of their 11,000mah 4s batteries and they have worked out well for us. We're looking at using a pair of them for nice long flight times with heavier cameras. We used them all day on a recent wakeboarding shoot and they easily withstood constant flying and charging.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

I had them always on my radar, but one eye was always looking at the price tag.....maybe I should close my eyes when hitting the "palce an order" button....thanks for your review....much more worth than any advertising fary tales.

Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
same here, but i think when you get to a certain level, we gotta just do it.

Ben, was that in Hotlanta? how hot was it and what did you guys do to keep them cool? how many packs were you rotating through? was there any damage to the internal resistance after the job?

DennyR

I use em on everything now. 6s and 4s best endurance for the weight. You need a good Honda field generator, PS and charger for a days filming, or a lot of batteries. Maxamp do some good stuff or treat yourself to a Powerlab-8.

same here, but i think when you get to a certain level, we gotta just do it.

Ben, was that in Hotlanta? how hot was it and what did you guys do to keep them cool? how many packs were you rotating through? was there any damage to the internal resistance after the job?

It was a hot day, high 80s I believe (north of Atlanta). We cycled through 3 batteries. We had them charging on a Honda generator using an iCharger 306b and a Thunder Power charger (recommended by a friend, a good charger). Batteries were in Lipo bags if they weren't on the copter. I'll check the resistance on them soon.

kloner

Aerial DP
please do. I'm kinda going over the cheap batteries like this in 100-110 degrees using coolers between flying and charging and the turnigy don't like it so much...... found one brand holding alright, but if i get a big bird, it needs good batteries. kloners had too many models fall out of da sky so he gets it

Any update on the batteries, how are they holding up?
I was reading a thread about them on the freefly forum; BirdsEyeProductions was saying flight time was about the same time as the Quadropower 6200mah lipo. Pretty much due to the MaxAmps not being able to hold the voltage well. Also that the batteries are not 40c constant but 40c max discharge.

It'd be great to hear your thoughts and experience with them.

Heres the link: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/what-batteries-are-you-using.228/page-2

nicwilke

Interesting, and the weight of them (825g) is really good, considering 2x 4s 5000mah average over 1.1kg opposed to 2 of these (1650g) would give me near 20mins at 50% throttle hover using twin batteries.... Interested for a big job I've got coming up this summer. I'm also considdering charging them in my Engel car freezer to cool them off in between flights. Thanks Ben... What are you going to run the XM-R on?

nicwilke

They still seem to be holding up well, and we are using them! When I get the XM, I'll likely run it on MaxAmps batteries too.

Im going to start my XM-6 on twin 4s 5000's and 1345 props. Will get the setup flying a full 10mins, then perhaps try the MaxAmps. Cant wait.