Digital servoes for naza gimbal output

Hi

Does anybody know if naza supports digital servoes on the gimbal control.
Would be nice to hear any thoughts and experiences before I buy some.

Thanks.

sickan

Hi

Does anybody know if naza supports digital servoes on the gimbal control.
Would be nice to hear any thoughts and experiences before I buy some.

Thanks.

I think if you want to use the higher frequencies you need some digital servos, but I can be wrong on this :)

--
S

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Totality

Does anyone else using the Naza gimbal controls notice the gimbal moving as if the quad is being buffeted in wind? Mine seems to do that now and again but other time is smooth (mainly when flying forward or moving). If I hover or move slowly it has a habit of not being steady?

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, it pretty much has a very wide center, the servo jumps form one to another with alot of movement, not smooth.

flitelab

Soem servos seem to work and some not so much. My GoPro gimbal with EMAX ES08MD servos are fine. The servos on the Gaui Crane 3 are jerky and rough with NAZA. I'm wondering if maybe the NAZA isn't giving enough power to drive larger digital servos perhaps.

flitelab

If by bls you mean brushless yes, brushless digital servos.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GS-503 and GS-504[/FONT]

flitelab

It thinks its more to do with how bad the NAZA code is as it seems very specific to certain servos, others have reported similar issues with other servos as well, some work, some don't All I can think is perhaps it is a voltage issue. I may try and see if I can drive the servos from a separate BEC when using NAZA.

Regarding power to the servoes., would it then be possible only to use the signal wire going from the servo to the naza. And then power the servos from a separate lipo ?

kloner

Aerial DP
i use a bec, castle ccbec........ didn't change mine much... i bought a cheapo hitec high voltage servo and am going to mess with that next. This is driving me crazy, it's so close to being acceptable, but post stab on my problem makes the clouds look like they dance

watch the second scene where the golden light starts.... the clouds like that is the notch in the stab then post stabbed

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Christian, yes, that's how mine is now.... except mines all the same pack, but off a bec

032%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

gww528

Christian, yes, that's how mine is now.... except mines all the same pack, but off a bec

032%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

When using the NAZA to control the gimbal servos but want to use the power from a separate BEC or Lipo is the below wiring diagram correct?
Do I also need to run a ground from Naza?
Do I need to be concern about using separate grounds?

Attachments

• Gimbal servos.jpg
    Gimbal servos.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 339

kloner

Aerial DP
all you need from naza is the signal wire like that diagram. The ground is all the same, the positive is all that's rerouted esentialy through the bec...... other end of the bec goes to the battery that's not in that diagram..... On mine i use 2 plastic servo ends on the servo and a female servo end on the bec so it all plugs together real nice. It was a castle so to program it was still able to link it up with castle link, change voltages, etc.