Is it possible to control a Multirotor or a gimbal with a JOYSTICK.....?

ChrisViperM

I just found this on the internet and I am wondering how this is done:

I like the idea of steering the copter or the gimbal and have one hand free....

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
take your Tx apart and then take the joystick apart. I dont know if you can use pots in the joystick straight to the Tx board but if not you can either fit the tx pots or get pots in the appropriate range. Either way it's really no different than the sticks, it's all in the pots.

ChrisViperM

VINHEX

I have a DJI wookong with single waypoint datalink and joystick software design for such purpose not used as yet though lol..

kloner

Aerial DP
the only difference between the $80 and the $280 one you posted here is feedback to the stick and a programmer,,,,, the audio channel is extremely unreliable to send anything, but just force feedback wouldn't matter i guess, not like a tracker on ezosd.

the $80 just programs on a pc
compufly_software_1_2_s.png

ChrisViperM

Obviously nobody needs force feedback, but will it be possible to control the gimbal with the knob on top of the joystick by using the $80 gadget....? Vhris

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what i see in the picture, you can assign any knob/slider, button or joystick to any channel. You might drop tim a note asking about it, that way when it doesn't he'll take it back. takes a couple days to get back to you so be patient.

jes1111

The manual says the joystick needs to be powered for the FFB to work - but the Logitech Extreme 3D pro doesn't have any power input - it is only USB powered. So does this unit supply 5V with enough current for its FFB to work? - the unit comes with a AC wall-wart! Damn, no AC outlets at my flying field! I have Microsoft Sidewinder 2 - it only has an AC power input. So I'd have to take a 12V battery and an inverter. Mmmm... getting a bit complicated! Think I'll stick with the 75.99 option ;)

kloner

Aerial DP
if i wanted to get really fancy, i think that open source radio with force feedback would be funner. almost positive i saw a joystick made just for it. Radios out of control.

http://www.os-rc.com/

i';ve tried looking and considered buying but honestly, either i'm too foreign to translate that site or i'm just retarded. it's not like looking at jr or futabas site. all these foreign terms and features i just don't understand. but it's bad to the bone

ChrisViperM

They did not release the OSRC (Open Source Remote Control) for sale yet...still in the development stage....but DennyR should know about it, apperantely it's developed in Cyprus.

Chris

ChrisViperM

The manual says the joystick needs to be powered for the FFB to work - but the Logitech Extreme 3D pro doesn't have any power input - it is only USB powered. So does this unit supply 5V with enough current for its FFB to work? - the unit comes with a AC wall-wart! Damn, no AC outlets at my flying field! I have Microsoft Sidewinder 2 - it only has an AC power input. So I'd have to take a 12V battery and an inverter. Mmmm... getting a bit complicated! Think I'll stick with the 75.99 option ;)

If you use the ForceFly, the Logitech Extreme 3D gets connected via USB to the Programmer, and the Programmer is powerd with any battery between 6V-12V.

http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/datasheet/ForceFly manual.pdf

Chris