Does WKM works with EZUHF

periquira

I use a EZUHF on my Aurora 9 with Hoverfly.Since I am moving from hoverfly due to its poor position hold quality, I would like to know if my radio gear will work with WKM (or Naza)

kloner

Aerial DP
it works but to the best of my knowledge right now it's not a ppm connection so it's all kinds of wire. wkm is suppose to have that in the very near future, like the sbus connection is now.

i run naza on one, but is the same gig

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Wire for every channel separately like a traditional receiver, thus no one wire ppm or s-bus.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
it works but to the best of my knowledge right now it's not a ppm connection so it's all kinds of wire. wkm is suppose to have that in the very near future, like the sbus connection is now.

i run naza on one, but is the same gig

hmm didn't they release ppm for the WKM but not for the gaza yet ? confused

kloner

Aerial DP
if they did even better, enable whatever channel you want ppm on in immersion tools and fire it up

isn't the latest few firmwares a problem

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
gonna check the release notes. I think the problems were always in combo with traditional reciever approach the s-bus users didn't suffer

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
oky since 5.10 wkm fw ppm is implemted, new firmware came out today hmmm :) no trying it :)

Blacksails

I've been flying a wkm heavy lift octo on ezuhf (traditional) for just under a year and it has performed flawlessly.

Blacksails

For me, it wasn't strictly plug and play as I had to make my own lead to link the EZUhf to my JR11x. Other than that, yes. I have been using it traditionally though, haven't tried PPM. All of my leads are hidden away so I'm not too bothered by it.

Set all your sticks/switches where you want them, hold the 'bind' button on your EZUhf tx and all of your failsafe settings are saved. Brilliant.

michaelcurtisjr

I just did this exact setup today..... EZUHF does interface to the WK-M via PPM, however... I tried it first
with my trusty 3 year old DX7 and the PPM Channels did not match up. Channels 1-4 were mixed up. To
my knowledge there is no way to re-assign those particular channels on that radio. I picked up a Futaba 8FG Super today and within 30 minutes I had both my FW550/ Naza setup with the included futaba rx using SBus, but also my S800 with the EZUHF. To be completely honest I havent flown the S800 yet.... But everything works like a charm in the setup assistant...Including the fail safes...which I could never get to work with my DX7.....

Just my 2cents hope it helps

MCJ

Blacksails

Keep an eye on your tx if your powering directly from the futabas battery. I set up mine on a 9c and it worked flawlessly for two days, then the tx screen started getting dim rapidly as if it was running out of power. I charged the battery and tried it again. The 9c has not worked since.

I have been using the ezuhf with a jr11x for months with no problems using an external power source for the ezuhf. I'm fairly sure the ezuhf is not to blame for the 9c's death but found it a little strange that it died two days after I started powering the ez from it.

michaelcurtisjr

Thanks! Will Do. I plan on using a 3s lipo for the EZUHF TX. If I understand correctly it will use the External Battery before it draws from the 8FG? I hope at least :)

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm pretty sure if the power wire from the back of the futaba is in tact, it's gonna draw on all of em the same time and make a weird voltage problem, no? 3s and 2s parallel? if that's the case, be careful. That plug comes apart at the radio side that you can snip or remove the wire. i had to make mine before it was snapped so i removed the + just using normal guy thinking, didn't read the manual about it. my futaba 8j is 4.8 volt

sails, have you ever tried using rates, expo or subtrims? i know not so important from mr's, but mine didn't, only worked in trainer mode and then it just sent out raw unmixed ppm. That was the whole reason i swapped over to futaba

regarding dji's ppm, there gonna have to stop being so closed source and at least make a ppm setup screen that you can assign channels to. otherwise the whole futaba/jr,spektrum thing is gonna get even more screwed up. I've used Eagle Tree osd pro that uses the ppm signal for flight control and it has a screen you can go into and make the different ppm signals to different channels

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacksails

I agree with Kloner, either power from the Futabas' battery or power from external. Don't do both.

Kloner,

I've only ever used the EZUHF with 8 separate servo leads, never used it PPM. On my setup I haven't had to use sub trims but have used expo and it has worked as expected, no problems at all. This is with the JR11x though.

For the two days that I used my Futaba 9C, I was powering from the trainer port and had to use the sub trims to get the sticks to center properly in the DJI software (its an old radio, they weren't centering 100%). The sub trims worked on the 9C when powering through the trainer port, but I never got the chance to try it with external power as it died before I got the chance.

kloner

Aerial DP
good info

when you setup a plane, theres so much more to the radio part........... when did my quad the only thing i couldn't get to work was expo............. the rest of the radio is set to neutral everything anyways. The weird thing is was able to set channels 5 and up as in gear switch to controll manual and atti in dji, etc. just the main first 4 ch were straight ppm, suppose to be mixed in the master radio, but my radio set to master din't work at all. drove me nuts

plingboot

i had the same jumbled channels with my DX8, i'm guessing that spektrum don't follow the ppm channel convention and there's about zero chance of them fixing it too.

i contacted spektrum and the reply was pretty much "plug a uhf transmitter in to the trainer port and you're on your own."

with a zephyr2 on the bench and a bixler just finished, i'm currently hankering for a futaba 14mz. a 12fg would be nice, but i'm drawn by the touch screen.