hover bike

kloner

Aerial DP
need one of these multi rotors

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/futureoftech/hover-bike-lets-you-drive-jedi-956125

hover-bike.jpg

DennyR

I would rather have one of these, Made in Japan.....

Chemical spray shows the vortex quite well.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm surprised none of you crazy ap guys dont have it the way you guys throw money at these this stuff. The yamaha takes a class to even be able to get it. theres been a few fatalities off that thing

I was at heli scale masters last year and there was a kid doing the 3d demo. his dad works for nasa and develops uas flight systems. he plays with that heli all day long, only person i've met yet with one.......... San Francisco area

his dad

ChrisViperM

kloner is right... we spend too much money on elektronic crap toys....that's why I get one of these wingsuits....no gimbal calibration problems and much smoother footage:

(listen to the sound at 1:40...)

kloner

Aerial DP
jeb corliss is amazing. if you haven't watched the one where he and his buddy tried going under that suspended bridge you gotta watch it. puts it all in perspective

last i saw out of him he had just whacked that rock and broke all his legs up, got arrested for something or rather doing it

DennyR

I seem to remember he had to fly through blood and body parts when the other guy above and in front hit the bridge.

kloner

Aerial DP
that thing was way ahead of it's time. doesn't look like the gyros were very fast if they even existed

what a trip

looking on youtube theres a bunch of these kinds of things

kloner

Aerial DP
all the stuff left on the net is in japaneese but i'm 99% sure thats the first documented uav fatality ever

found a thread at runryder about it. Apparently the japaneese sold the chineese a grip of em and that guy wasn't even suppose to have it

sounds like the guy flying it is who got the whackin, farmer operator/owner

BravoGolf

Navigator
all the stuff left on the net is in japaneese but i'm 99% sure thats the first documented uav fatality ever

found a thread at runryder about it. Apparently the japaneese sold the chineese a grip of em and that guy wasn't even suppose to have it

sounds like the guy flying it is who got the whackin, farmer operator/owner

Not counting all the military related UAV fatalities of course.

^ This particular incident was at a farm in Korea according to an article I found. You will notice the characters under the Yamaha graphic are Korean. Article also stated it was a bystander who was struck by the rotor in the abdomen. Will try to go back and find link.

However, another incident a few years earlier involves Yamaha getting in hotwater with their government for selling 5 units to the Chinese. According to the Japanese government china is viewed as a potential military threat and they feared the Rmax could be intended to be used for chemical warfare by the Chinese.

ChrisViperM

I would rather have one of these, Made in Japan.....

Chemical spray shows the vortex quite well.:tennis:

These guys are nutcases anyway.....at 0:44 he is starting that monster, standing not even 2 m away....at 1:05 he is heading full speed in reverse directly at him...that tailblades are good for a very sharp haircut...and nobody seems to care about the chemical spray (mist)....they must all have been on some serious dope.

I am about to get one of these: (app. € 68.000,00, Zenmuse not included...) :tennis:

DennyR

Autogyros are really safe compared to helicopters. Always in autorotation.

I think the guy flying the big heli is working to a tight budget. Turn around takes too much time. Crop dusting is like pylon cleaning. You get paid on results. It causes accidents as profit and time get pushed to the limit. In the Middle and Far East life is considered as cheap.

It looks like they work as a team with two observers telling the pilot when he is at the end of the run. It looks like a much more efficient way than flying under the electricity lines with a Turbo AG.Cat OR A Pawnee