Naza + GPS + 3-way switch - How do you do yours?

Totality

As I'm starting out I use the 3-way in Atti / GPS / Failsafe RTH. I have noticed there doesn't seem to be a difference in the GPS/Atti modes (ie if you have no GPS signal you can still fly in GPS mode and it feels like Atti anyway?). Was thinking of setting it up for GPS / Manual / Failsafe instead?

My only experience of Manual so far is thinking I had the bottom slot set to Failsafe when it was actually manual! The quad shot up into the air and I thought thats what it did in failsafe. As it went higher and higher and became tiny I decided it probably wasn't right so flipped to GPS and came down again!! Now a couple of weeks later I fancy flying in Manual just to see how it compares (now I know that manual doesn't hover at half stick by default!!).

What modes does everyone else have programmed?

glacier51

Using a Spektrum DX8. Three position FLAP switch to select GPS, ATT, Man flight modes. Two position GEAR switch to activate failsafe.

Just a word of warning if you set your control switch to GPS/Attitude/Fail-Safe. You will not be able to calibrate your GPS with those settings because you will NOT get the required solid yellow LED when you flip the control switch 6-8-10 times. You HAVE to have it set to GPS/ Attitude/MANUAL to calibrate the GPS system.

Hope that saves other pilots lots of grief trying to work out why you cannot calibrate your GPS
Ian

AEA737

Just a word of warning if you set your control switch to GPS/Attitude/Fail-Safe. You will not be able to calibrate your GPS with those settings because you will NOT get the required solid yellow LED when you flip the control switch 6-8-10 times. You HAVE to have it set to GPS/ Attitude/MANUAL to calibrate the GPS system.

Thanks for the heads up Ian. I calibrated my GPS and after that I set GPS/ATTI/FS, but didn't thought about how to enter in calibration mode.

Javier

Thanks for the heads up Ian. I calibrated my GPS and after that I set GPS/ATTI/FS, but didn't thought about how to enter in calibration mode.

Javier

Glad it has helped someone Javier, it can really confuse you, especially if you change the control switch setup after doing the GPS calibration. :shame:
Ian

Totality

Hope that saves other pilots lots of grief trying to work out why you cannot calibrate your GPS
Ian

Yep found that one out when I configured it all! I now have a yellow sticker on my transmitter with the control points which set the 3rd option to manual or failsafe (ie the values that set each position)! I can adjust the values on my transmitter to manual when I want to do a compass calibration and then set it back to failsafe afterwards! High tech yellow sticker lol.